Eichel Named Captain

sabills

Bogo with an A....hopefully he plays more than 18 games.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

shoot - that's a good call. leaving out lafontaine is embarrassing.

I wonder if there's still bad blood with the way he exited his last role here? 

Either way...he should have made it into that video, Ruff also as he's a huge piece of this team's history.

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

shoot - that's a good call. leaving out lafontaine is embarrassing.

I think that relationship is toast.

This was the right move a year ago and it’s the righterest move today. Captain Jack will win a cup in this city for this city.

• Like (+1) 1

Perfect choice,

I can see this kid growing mentally every season and this will help him to take the next step, he can no longer leave this to anyone else

Now its up to Jack to show everyone leading by good example both on and off the ice, at practice and in the locker room and show Buffalo Sabres that he deserves 10 mill a season

leadership5.jpg

Edited by MODO Hockey

30 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Also I feel bad for anyone whose bought an #9 jersey that doesn't have the C on it.

Why?  They have proof they got on the wagon before the "fans" w/ a 9C on their sweaters have.  (Of course, they're still behind those w/ 15's, so ...)

Besides, could be a conversation starter.  "Eichel A & #9.  Wha?"

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bad blood or not, the Lafontaine omission is glaring. That guy was electric and, once upon a time, bled Sabres blue and gold.

Agreed. Bad Blood is not a good enough reason. The fans don't have bad blood with Patty La, and this content is for US. 

• Like (+1) 1

It will be interesting to watch how his body language changes on the ice, particularly when things aren't going well, line changes, etc...   Little things that he needs to clean up to properly lead this team.    I have full confidence that he can correct those things and I expect to see an immediate improvement.    

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.