Canceled Practice

WildCard

53 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's astounding because it leads to all kinds of contradictions. They got blown out 5-1 in San Jose, but practiced the day before. If that's "all the evidence we need" to confidently assert it lead to their loss in Boston, then it is inexplicable that we lost to SJ by the same margin. Your logic implodes on itself days later, because in reality, so many millions of things go into who wins and loses any hockey game, and most of them happen during the game itself on the ice, aided by years of individual skill development all thrown together in a beautiful chaos on ice, and one single goddamn practice after an entire month of intense practice and training camp cannot reasonably be considered the difference, otherwise their wins in the days since with NO practice couldn't have happened with that level of evidence being "all we need," and that loss to SJ couldn't have happened. 

That's the reason I came in here to have some fun - it is as reasonable (ie, unquantifiable, and not reasonable) to suggest that the team-building they did instead brought them closer together and had a much longer lasting positive effect than one single on-ice session, leading to the only two positive Octobers we've had in near a decade. There's AS MUCH evidence for this suggestion as for yours, as we're both right that the team LOST games after but were broadly BETTER those Octobers, but both lead to obvious logical problems, and both are absurd, only the difference is I'm just messing around 

You couldn't even find a gender studies department that would advocate publishing that as evidence 

Honestly I couldn't make it through your entire thesis.... But I will say this.   

They finished last the season prior, added a bunch of new faces, and then cancel a scheduled practice 2 days before opening night.  They're not tired, the season hasn't even started.  They didn't do anything to earn the day off... they're the worst team in the league.  They're not on a grueling 10 day road trip.   

Would they have won if they practiced? We'll never know, but it's foolish not to think they would've been better prepared if they did. 

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.