GDT: Sabres vs Islanders, 7pm, 9/28/2018

Derrico

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Still 0-0, I didn't hear him say "Scores!"

Edit - 1-0 Sabres.

Incorrect.  That was Josh Bailey scoring for the Isles.  Followed about a minute later by a goal by Guhle (although initially reported as Girgensons).

Currently 1-1 in the late first period.

I would guess today's lines probably give a pretty good idea what Phil is planning for opening night. Gotta think Sheary replaces Nylander. Eichel goes in for Sobotka, who replaces Rodrigues at 4C. Rodrigues, Wilson, and Girgensons decide the bottom-6 LW spots, my guess being Girgs starts as a scratch, with Larsson. Scandella and Ristolainen slide in as pair 1, and either Bogosian comes back and bumps Nelson down to 7th D, or Tennyson may actually start the season on the roster as the 7th D-man.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart

Sheary - Berglund - Thompson

Rodrigues - Mittelstadt - Okposo

Wilson - Sobotka - Pominville

(Girgensons, Larsson)

Scandella - Ristolainen

Dahlin - McCabe 

Beaulieu - Bogosian/Nelson

(Nelson/Tennyson)

Hutton

Ullmark

---

Or, maybe Nylander makes the team, or Baptiste or Bailey, or some combination, making things look quite different. Who knows ?

15 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Incorrect.  That was Josh Bailey scoring for the Isles.  Followed about a minute later by a goal by Guhle (although initially reported as Girgensons).

Currently 1-1 in the late first period.

Right, I was making an (evidently terrible) joke about how Dunleavy never seems to say "Scores!" or whatever when the opposing team scores, and with it being radio...

Edited by Thorny

55 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If Tennyson makes the team...

...the Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

Dahlin!    (easy shots from the point = Lehner's small thermal exhaust port)

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

This is such a funny game to listen to. Nelson scores. Which Nelson, which team? Oh, it was on Lehner. So it was against the Sabres. No, wait..

True. Dunleavy has clearly grown up in the TV broadcast era. He certainly doesn't paint the game in my mind's eye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.