GDT: Sabres vs Islanders, 7pm, 9/28/2018

Derrico

53 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sounds like Nylander had his strongest game of the preseason so far, from what that poster is saying. Good news. 

Casey Mittelstadt was apparently also solid, none of the mistakes we saw him making earlier. 

My biggest question mark remains the existence of Tennyson. 

He's making the team as the seventh D man if Bogo is a no go. You can tell from how the D pairs are structured in practice that Housley very much favours proper handedness on each side (aside from McCabe, apparently), so in the event Bogosian isn't available and Nelson bumps into the lineup, it looks like they want a RHD backup available in Tennyson.

It's also why I think Nelson is the front-runner for the 7th D spot should Bogosian be healthy. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

He's making the team as the seventh D man if Bogo is a no go. You can tell from how the D pairs are structured in practice that Housley very much favours proper handedness on each side (aside from McCabe, apparently), so in the event Bogosian isn't available and Nelson bumps into the lineup, it looks like they want a RHD backup available in Tennyson.

It's also why I think Nelson is the front-runner for the 7th D spot should Bogosian be healthy. 

Eyelid twitch

• Haha (+1) 1

My thoughts from the game:

*laser seeing eye shots from both Nelson and Dahlin on their goals

*Dahlin is so cool to watch.  He just makes so many subtle passes and plays that are always on the tape 

*Thompson looked like one of the best sabres out there to me.  Wins many puck battles and has a heck of a shot

*Nylander played alright.  Was noticeable. 

*mitts gave the puck away a few times and got manhandled along the boards.  I don't know if he's ready quite yet to be honest.

*Hutton was pretty strong despite giving up 4 goals 

*skinner was first star and rightfully so.  He was all over the place and the skill set he has is very evident.  He and Sam had some nice chemistry

*overall a really fun second period and we got on the jumbotron with the kids dancing.  Looking forward to the season. 

Go Sabres!! 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.