GDT: Sabres vs Islanders, 7pm, 9/28/2018

Derrico

Your Buffalo Sabres will be visiting my hometown of Oshawa tonight!  Yes I shelled out the ridiculous price of nearly $90 per ticket for an exhibition game.  Due to the high prices I’m wondering what attendance will look like tonight.  Last preseason game before Boston. 

Go Sabres!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Derrico said:

Your Buffalo Sabres will be visiting my hometown of Oshawa tonight!  Yes I shelled out the ridiculous price of nearly $90 per ticket for an exhibition game.  Due to the high prices I’m wondering what attendance will look like tonight.  Last preseason game before Boston. 

Go Sabres!!

Enjoy the game!  I'm so ready for the regular season.

5 hours ago, Derrico said:

Go Sabres!!

That's more than you would pay in General, isn't it?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, jsb said:

Is someone broadcasting this game?? It looks like a majority of our B teamers out there against the Islanders but this shouldn't be anything as bad as the Penguins game

I believe this is the only pre-season game that doesn't have a home or away broadcast. 6/7 ain't bad, an improvement from last year (which had 2 un-televised games). The good news is that it's Friday night so there's other stuff to do. 

I read the Oshawa game between the Sabres v. Islanders was put together last year with the understanding that Tavares would be playing as I think he's either from there or played junior there and is a person of local importance in some way. Womp womp.

Hoping Nylander, Thompson and Mitts all have hat-tricks and nobody else gets injured.

Next game after this is the opener vs. Boston. Let's go!

23 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Lineups yet?

No morning skate (they're doing a team building exercise instead). 

Don't expect to see: Eichel, Risto, Larsson, Sheary,  Malone, Bogo, Hickey, Scandella or Hunwick due to maintenance/injuries

Do expect to see some mish-mash of the following (3 below will need to sit out and it's a safe assumption the "vets" will be those 3 Okie, Skinner, Pommer, McCabe, Beaulieu)

Nylander - Berglund - Reinhart

Rodrigues - Mittelstadt - Thompson

Bailey - Sobotka - Okposo/Skinner/Pommer (2 of these 3 will sit)

Wilson - Girgensons - Baptiste

Defense:

McCabe/Beaulieu (1 will sit) - Dahlin

Guhle - Nelson

Pilut - Tennyson

8 hours ago, Derrico said:

Go Sabres!!

Was $90 the face value of the ticket or is it a small arena and high demand on the secondary market? Is that USD or CAD? I hope for your sake they win in an entertaining fashion. 13-0 sabres.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Was $90 the face value of the ticket or is it a small arena and high demand on the secondary market? Is that USD or CAD? I hope for your sake they win in an entertaining fashion. 13-0 sabres.

That's Canadian so I guess that's like $17 American :)  I think they thought there would be a huge turnout but I got an email saying if you buy a ticket now, you will get a kids for free.  So they're obviously not sold out.

13 hours ago, Derrico said:

Go Sabres!!

Since there is no TV coverage, we're relying on you Derrico to give us the scoop. No pressure but good luck, we're all counting on you. 

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Eichel appears to be the only big guy sitting

Awesome! Looks like we get to dress an extra defenseman tonight. Really, Sabres should get that in regular season games every time Bogo is in the line-up. 

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Eichel appears to be the only big guy sitting

And Risto and Scandella.

but the thing that grabs me is no Last shot for Bailey and Baptiste.

Does that mean they’re done and Nylander, Mittelstadt and Thompson have made it?

Or does it mean the team knows what it has with Bailey and Baptiste and is giving the kids one last look to see how they fit with an NHL lineup.

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And Risto and Scandella.

Does that mean they’re done and Nylander, Mittelstadt and Thompson have made it?

Or does it mean the team knows what it has with Bailey and Baptiste and is giving the kids one last look to see how they fit with an NHL lineup.

My guess is the first thing you said, and from what I saw this preseason, I'm good with it.

I hope Jack/Risto/Scandy are good to go Thursday. Has anyone asked Housley about that?

31 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And Risto and Scandella.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

My guess is the first thing you said, and from what I saw this preseason, I'm good with it.

I hope Jack/Risto/Scandy are good to go Thursday. Has anyone asked Housley about that?

I'm guessing the second.  One more shot for the kids to try to steal a position.

8 hours ago, jsb said:

Is someone broadcasting this game?? It looks like a majority of our B teamers out there against the Islanders but this shouldn't be anything as bad as the Penguins game

I’m surprised that neither TSN or SportsNet is broadcasting this as they do have the TV Equipment in place since it is an OHL Building.  Could be the demand is not high enough. 

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Not sure. All of Hunwick, Sheary, Bogosian, Malone, Dahlin, Larsson, Ristolainen, Eichel, and Scandella have been mentioned as having injuries or are listed on an online injuries report currently, so it'll be very interesting to see who isn't ready to go.

Hunwick seems destined for IR, Malone was very likely getting sent down anyways, and Dahlin seems to be playing today, but for the other 6 I'm interested to see what happens.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I'm guessing the second.  One more shot for the kids to try to steal a position.

I see it this way, too. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.