Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1st Preseason game 7pm tonight!

North Buffalo

Watching the Rangers NJ devils game 2-2 since I can't watch Sabres and they are really both playing a fast paced up and down the ice game.  

We will find out just how much improved our speed game is when we face them again..

Edited by R_Dudley

26 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Another shot from the slot. Maybe our franchise has figured out how to get there.

That's what I noticed.  All those goals were on very high probability shots.  It seems like they only got about one, maybe two, of those in a typical game last year.  This is how you make offense.

Way-too-early hot takes after preseason game 1: 
Tonight is the night I flip the switch to almost never including Thompson in projected lineups to always having him in there. The fun thing will be figuring out exactly where he goes - I have no idea. But he's making the team.
Nylander will play games, I'm not sure if it'll be right away though. 
Guhle is not currently one of the top six D in the organization and needs to go play more in Rochester, which is completely fine. 
Olofsson will be spending a significant amount of time in Rochester, which is completely fine. 
Ogelvie will be an awesome Amerk for a long time. 
Tennyson, as bad as we remember.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Goal #2 from Beaulieu, a one-timer from the left point, top of the slot, on a 4 on 3 power play. Nylander, Tage, and Berglund all with nice passing on the play, including a particularly saucy dish from Tage from the line at the left point, lasered to Berglund right on the tape down below the right dot

BJs score but i missed it typing this

Alright Beaulieu!! 

Thanks for the summary. 

So one solid line from tonight, any solid Defense pairings ? 

If tomorrows A team can give us two more solid forward lines and 1 and half to 2 good Dmen pairings, then their definitely are enough parts to make this a much better coming hockey season.. 

I was at this one.. from my view, Nylander was the best player on the ice tonight. He and Berglund had some chemistry. Something to watch over the next few games. Maybe he could end up on the wing of a Swedish vet. 

Hell, that line from tonight could be our third line. Thompson tried to dangle a few times when he shouldn’t have. But he looked good with them too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.