Sabres @ Blue Jackets 1st Preseason game 7pm tonight!

North Buffalo

25 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Columbus's lineup looks just as empty as ours, so I don't think the game should go too badly 

Don't teams generally give their bottom roster ECHL/AHL guys the first game to get their feet wet before sending them down? That keeps your "real" roster fresh for the next few games. I seem to recall this is standard practice from past years.

51 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Don't teams generally give their bottom roster ECHL/AHL guys the first game to get their feet wet before sending them down? That keeps your "real" roster fresh for the next few games. I seem to recall this is standard practice from past years.

I'm not so sure I'd say it's the bottom roster guys.  It seems like it would probably be more aimed at guys who are fighting for one of the depth spots, the first wave of call-ups.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

From both teams, a surprisingly structured period for the B-team first preseason game. 

Looked sorta like a particularly boring game in mid-February.

Not much to see. Pretty boring. Would liked to have seen more from a guy like Larsson who is basically on the cusp of being off the team. 

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

It’s still very early but Thompson and Nylander are doing more than anyone could’ve expected for them to push for roster spots. This is a pleasant surprise, so far.

Also, I’m still convinced Berglund is a huge get for this team for the next few years.

Yes I have read a lot of St Louis fan comments about losing him and I think he will take up a lot the slack from Ryan's departure...

Goal #2 from Beaulieu, a one-timer from the left point, top of the slot, on a 4 on 3 power play. Nylander, Tage, and Berglund all with nice passing on the play, including a particularly saucy dish from Tage from the line at the left point, lasered to Berglund right on the tape down below the right dot

BJs score but i missed it typing this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.