Erik Karlsson Traded to San Jose

WildCard

Makes JBOT look like a trade genious, and were complaning about Kane and O'Reilly returns.   

Besides Tierney and that 2020 1st  (which will like be very low as well) there might not be a single guy making the roster.

And I take it the conditional picks are if Karlsson gets traded to the east this season ?   Damn that is one crappy return.

Edited by Huckleberry

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Don't we play each team 4 times? 8 games, 16 points? 

I think @Eleven was directing that at @WildCard and I. 

I'm really good at simple math, Eleven. Just a brain fart. I know we can't possibly play Ottawa 8 times. 

But, Liger, my bet still holds. 5 bucks says we lose one to the Sens.

31 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I think @Eleven was directing that at @WildCard and I. 

I'm really good at simple math, Eleven. Just a brain fart. I know we can't possibly play Ottawa 8 times. 

But, Liger, my bet still holds. 5 bucks says we lose one to the Sens.

For a awhile the schedule was 8 games against divisional opponents "to build rivalries", but at least since going to 4 divisions that hasn't been the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_structure_of_the_NHL

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think we play each team (in division) 4 times total, not 4 home and 4 away.  So 4 games, 8 points.

Yep. It's different between east and west, but from the link above this is the East structure:

Within Division 4 games × 7 opponents 28
Within Conference, Non-divisional 3 games × 8 opponents 24
Inter-conference 2 games × 15 opponents 30
Edited by MattPie

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Paul Coffey's career cast: Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Lemieux, Jagr, Francis
EK's: Late-career Alfie and Spezza, and then Mike Hoffman and Mark Stone and Kyle Turris

EK.JPG

Hard to believe, but Bobby Orr is actually underrated.

Those numbers are sick.

Edited by dudacek

"Vegas sources indicating that Ottawa wouldn't put a value on taking the Ryan contract," Dreger said. "Ottawa's perspective was, 'No, you're getting a decent NHL player here who happens to have an ugly contract. But it's a hockey trade.'"

The Golden Knights were believed to be close to acquiring Karlsson and Ryan at the trade deadline in February. In fact, Ryan said in the following days that he and Karlsson both believed that they would be dealt to a Western Conference team before the deadline.

Dreger noted the Golden Knights disagreed with the Sens' argument on Ryan's value. The Golden Knights are one of few teams who could've afforded to take on Ryan's $7.25 million cap hit through 2021-22 in addition to Karlsson's $6.5 million salary this year.

https://www.tsn.ca/sens-refused-to-give-ryan-discount-in-trades-1.1172887

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

SJ is said to be trying to sign Karlsson to an extension and its believed he is willing to stay there. They are definitely going all in and are the west favorites for the cup....

IIRC, there isn't any conditions in the trade about him re-signing, which is pretty insane

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

IIRC, there isn't any conditions in the trade about him re-signing, which is pretty insane

Sens receive a 2nd in 2021 if Karlsson resigns, and it's upgraded to a non-lottery protected 1st should the Sharks reach the Final this season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.