Erik Karlsson Traded to San Jose

WildCard

Definitely deserves it's own thread. It's officially official

@PierreVLeBrun
Told that the official trade call was just completed. Erik Karlsson has been traded to the San Jose Sharks

@SunGarrioch
 Sources say the #Sens have dealt Erik Karlsson to the Sharks in exchange for Chris Tierney, Dylan DeMelo, Josh Norris, Rudolfs Balcers, 2020 1st, 2019 2nd and two conditional picks.

Edited by WildCard

1 minute ago, sabills said:

Posted this in the other one, but don't the Sabres still have a shot at getting that 2020 1st if the Sharks somehow miss the playoffs and win the lotto this year?

I don't even think they need to win the lottery.... if they miss the playoffs, that pick is in the lottery so it gets deferred to 2020.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

So who's is it then? Not that SJ is going to miss the playoffs anyways

As per Vogl.. "And since the Sharks have given their 2020 first-round pick to Ottawa, I guess it doesn't matter if they make the playoffs. The option to slide to 2020 no longer exists, so Buffalo will have the Sharks' 2019 first-rounder."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

As per Vogl.. "And since the Sharks have given their 2020 first-round pick to Ottawa, I guess it doesn't matter if they make the playoffs. The option to slide to 2020 no longer exists, so Buffalo will have the Sharks' 2019 first-rounder."

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That makes sense. I was going to guess that whichever 1st buffalo got, Ottawa would get the other. 

This is actually really, really good news for us then. The 2019 draft is supposed to be loaded, and now we have 3 first round picks for it

Just now, LikeEich said:

Wait until we see the conditions on the picks. I have a feeling the return will be better once the dust settles 

Conditionals are almost always a 4th to a 3rd or some garbage like that. I would bet one of them involves a 5th round pick

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

One of the funny things is how mad other fanbases are. Stars/Knights/Lightning fans can't believe their teams didn't beat that offer 

I think for the Stars though, it came down to Heiskanen, and that was a no go  Lightning the writing was on the wall once Yzerman left, and the Knights knew it and went and got Pacioretty anyways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.