Robin Lehner Opens Up About His Bipolar Disorder and Alcoholism

Brawndo

42 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Yes to each question.

I think you've dabbled in such insights before. What's/who's your source(s)?

23 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

?

Everything about the board upgrade was a complete and total improvement over the prior experience ... except the emojis.

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This.  I've had a few epiphanies lately that back this up.  It seems like, as a society, we've forgotten to be excellent to one another.

As this thought relates to Lehner, it's nonsense. Have we really reached a point where athletes — any performer, really — can't be criticized, even in a mean way? It's the mask these people wear. When it's on, they're fair game, and they all know it. Very few people who criticized Lehner were criticizing Lehner the person. Come on.

54 minutes ago, rekim said:

now i feel like a complete tool for all of the bad stuff i said about him here.

No reason to.

If there's another one with mental health issues that they moved, and I know for sure there remains another one on the roster, there were at least three battling that on the team.  No wonder this team couldn't get their locker-room straight.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow, just wow i guess that locker room was really just one messed up place as some here where saying the last couple of years. 

I am happy to hear he is on the road to recovery and wish him and his family the best.  

I can't imagine how that dynamic played out with the other characters in that room and how that effected our rookies that were thrown into that under Disco Dan and Zero F's given..

This makes me even more hopeful that the broom swept the room of almost all of that and the new Dynamic based on sheer number of new bodies and new relationships forming can only go up from there...    

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

As this thought relates to Lehner, it's nonsense. Have we really reached a point where athletes — any performer, really — can't be criticized, even in a mean way? It's the mask these people wear. When it's on, they're fair game, and they all know it. Very few people who criticized Lehner were criticizing Lehner the person. Come on.

No reason to.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I agree with PA — criticizing Lehner for his performance as a hockey player is legitimate and nothing to apologize for.  It’s OK to feel empathy for him and wish him well as a person while still expressing dissatisfaction with his play.  

I think the post that set this off--from LTS--was more about civility in general and less about criticizing players for on-ice or team related stuff.  If a player looks like sh&t or is an ass to his teammates, hell, yes, we're going to criticize him.  That's what a hockey board is for.

47 minutes ago, ... said:

Can't and won't say. Suffice it to say, holy moly, travel, the locker room, the games, all must have been not fun for the guys.  This explains quite a bit.

Yeah, well, you're just some nobody.

Edited by Eleven

Pretty intense story. I always like him and am really glad he's getting/has gotten help.

With that said, am I a bad person for my first thought upon reading that being that we are going to much better this coming season without that in the locker room? It had to suck, and I think Robin would be the first to admit it.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pretty intense story. I always like him and am really glad he's getting/has gotten help.

With that said, am I a bad person for my first thought upon reading that being that we are going to much better this coming season without that in the locker room? It had to suck, and I think Robin would be the first to admit it.

No, you're not a bad person for thinking that.  Also, he wasn't the only person in the dressing room with that issue.  Also still, there will be players in the dressing room with that issue this coming season.  

WHY T F AM I STILL AWAKE?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The third and final? Hopefully?

And thanks. I don't mean to complain, but man was I curious and the constant reminder making me moreso

I couldn't say the last. Just the last I've heard about. His problems are also the most easily managed. He's fine. 

The rest of this team's problems are immaturity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I couldn't say the last. Just the last I've heard about. His problems are also the most easily managed. He's fine. 

The rest of this team's problems are immaturity.

I'm glad to hear Okposo's problems aren't this bad. 

Do you get the sense that the immaturity is over the top relative to other (at least young) NHL rosters? Or are we gon' be fine and the kids will grow up/figure it out?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm glad to hear Okposo's problems aren't this bad. 

Do you get the sense that the immaturity is over the top relative to other (at least young) NHL rosters? Or are we gon' be fine and the kids will grow up/figure it out?

I think most of them are figuring it out. Pominville is downright giddy for the season to start. I think he's seeing the kids in the same position he was in back in the day and he's excited to be the veteran guy in the room for them. I think the previous vet group largely failed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think most of them are figuring it out. Pominville is downright giddy for the season to start. I think he's seeing the kids in the same position he was in back in the day and he's excited to be the veteran guy in the room for them. I think the previous vet group largely failed.

I know it's small, but little tidbits like Pominville being giddy are pretty cool, so keep 'em coming if you can! And thanks!

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know it's small, but little tidbits like Pominville being giddy are pretty cool, so keep 'em coming if you can! And thanks!

I had heard about it before the article that came out a few weeks ago. Dude is pumped. I hope he can be productive in some way. I see him as a quiet leader who isn't being assigned to the role. There's a difference there. He's not being foisted on the kids, who I think would have preferred to have been left to sink or swim the last few years instead of dealing with Moulson, Gionta, Gorges, etc.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I had heard about it before the article that came out a few weeks ago. Dude is pumped. I hope he can be productive in some way. I see him as a quiet leader who isn't being assigned to the role. There's a difference there. He's not being foisted on the kids, who I think would have preferred to have been left to sink or swim the last few years instead of dealing with Moulson, Gionta, Gorges, etc.

I rail on him, but as a 4th line vet complementing some kids getting their feet under them he would be fine and probably not a real drag at all. In fact, I'd prefer this route to a Larsson - Sobotka - Pominville look. I just hope we avoid Pommers-Eichel

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.