Casey Mittelstadt and Rasmus Dahlin nickname?

Onceagain

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Synthesis and commonality between great works of art, excellence and passion  ....  Blutarsky and Dorfman ...  Nicknames and Swedish Fish ...

Flounder!

Oh gawd, I hope we don't have a rookie that lives up to the name Flounder.

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've tried to come up with many of these over the years, but I've come to believe it's silly and pointless. Player nicknames are given by teammates, maybe coaches. It'll be Mittsy or Dahlsy and that's that. You can't have 40 names floating around out there.

I tend to think that the most subtle joke in the movie "Goon" is that they referred to the naive character John Stevenson as "Stevesie."  Like they know that's the formula for 99.5% of hockey nicknames and went with it rather than the more real-world likely "Stevie."

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I tend to think that the most subtle joke in the movie "Goon" is that they referred to the naive character John Stevenson as "Stevesie."  Like they know that's the formula for 99.5% of hockey nicknames and went with it rather than the more real-world likely "Stevie."

In real life would be Steve-O

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yeah its one of the things I don't like at hockey interview, how players call their teammates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.