Prospect Challenge

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Nor should they. I think I like Mittelstadt more than you in general, but I definitely don't think he's ready for 2C duties out of the gate as a rookie. 

I bet we're actually on the same wavelength Casey. I think he can be a point per game player in the league. But this coming season he'll look more like a .95 point per game college player than that.

Even though I personally closed the book, for now, on Reinhart at C, I don't see how that doesn't get some play this year. It'd be nice if he settled in there.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Just to throw fuel on the fire, the Red WIngs are streaming their Traverse City games on Facebook with no geographic restrictions.  So this "NHL rule" of not being allowed to stream out of market is BS, full of loopholes, or straight up being ignored.

I'll be perusing the usual sources a little later on.

Maybe both teams have to consent?

7 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My guess is the Sabres don't want to pay a global delivery cost to the CDN delivering the stream.    By limiting it to the Buffalo area, they'll keep their bandwith costs down.    

There is NFW this was out of cheapness.

5 hours ago, Weave said:

It's poor form to post those links on open forums.  That is one of the ways they get found out and shut down.  PM those if you want them to remain live.

Correct.

Separately:  Dahlin is the One.  And Asplund to Olofsson was freaking beautiful.

3 hours ago, GrassValleyGreg said:

Fantastic shift from Nylander

I thought he was excellent tonight. I knew he put in hard work this summer because of photos i've seen of him on IG and also seeing reports throughout the summer about Nylander staying local and working out, without knowing much i knew he put lots of work in this summer. But, to see it on the ice too is pretty cool. He would be such a wildcard for this team if hes able to develop into a contributor.

Chris Taylor was interviewed by Matt Bove and also was on the Instigators, and in both places has praised Nylander. Said not only did he put in lots of work this summer but his confidence is as high as it's ever been and has matured so much as a player. Mentions hes talking more, being more of a leader and even in shooting drills, before he would stay in the back and shoot 4-5th in line and now jumps ahead of everyone and goes first or second.

19 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe both teams have to consent?

NJ streamed the game with the same restrictions as the Sabres. Brian Duff mentioned it late in the broadcast.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Tage Thompson was better then I tought he'd be. I like him. 

Excited to watch tonight. 

I was shocked to see how big he is. I knew nothing about him. And those hands! Holy schit am I excited about this kid. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Nor should they. I think I like Mittelstadt more than you in general, but I definitely don't think he's ready for 2C duties out of the gate as a rookie. 

Berglund can play center, he has for a lot of his career.  I think if need be, he can fill in there if Casey is not ready. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.