Camp Opens September 13th

WildCard

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Dahlin is god.

But he is an 18-year-old god from another country.

He might become a good captain someday, but that day is at minimum 3 years away.

If Jack sucks at being captain, trade him three years and then give Rasmus the C.

if Jack sucks, what team will trade for his $10M/yr cap hit?

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Well, they declined substantially from his 1st year to his 2nd, and from his 2nd to his 3rd.  The hockey stick graph is hockey sticking the wrong way.

If anything, I'd say they initially got better but then returned back to where they started.  So it's not so much that he's made them worse, he just hasn't made them better.

"Rather than placing an emphasis on strength and barbell lifting as Ristolainen had done in the past, Rintala convinced the defenseman to concentrate on building speed and explosiveness. ...  The main goal was to be better on the ice. We stopped lifting heavy, did dumbbell stuff, mobility, sprints."

...this is good to hear.   Risto needed to work on his functional movements to improve his play around the net.  

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So... Reinhart still hasn't signed. 

They aren't *that* close to me.

They can't be dickering over a single year of term, or a  hundred thousand dollars per year of pay.

I have no problems with Botterill sticking to his guns, he must see something that makes him hesitant.

9 hours ago, LGR4GM said:
Buffalo SabresVerified account @BuffaloSabres 7m7 minutes ago
MoreJack Eichel: "You're going to see a different culture around here. A different standard. A different mindset. There's a lot to be optimistic about." #SabresCamp

what do you expect him to say? 

"Well, we got rid of our best all-around player.  We brought in guy who was never drafted but put up a few points playing with the best player in the world.   Another guy who wouldn't listen to his former coach, and a new goalie who has had a nice career as a backup, and some 18 year-old defenseman guy... whats-his-name.  And with Phil behind the bench again, what could possible go wrong?   But whatever.... I'm making $10 million this year!  woot! woot!"

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

"Well, we got rid of our best all-around player.  We brought in guy who was never drafted but put up a few points playing with the best player in the world.   Another guy who wouldn't listen to his former coach, and a new goalie who has had a nice career as a backup, and some 18 year-old defenseman guy... whats-his-name.  And with Phil behind the bench again, what could possible go wrong?   But whatever.... I'm making $10 million this year!  woot! woot!"

#Veritaserum

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I just posted the quote. You want to be negative and piss in your cheerios about it, be my guest. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.