Camp Opens September 13th

WildCard

12 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

10 days until we start getting fresh Sabres news and updates for us to dissect into oblivion. Can't wait!

The good news is that the sooner there is a new update the sooner the last update stops getting dissected.  The problem with the off season is that there's not enough news being created.  As such we are left with 52 page threads on the color of some player's beer cooler at a charity golf tournament including pages of advanced stats on whether he used the ice properly in the cooler followed by pages blaming the coach for not having experience with proper ice usage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I worry that Olofsson is just a PP guy, is this wrong? 

Not sure, big rink with more space to smaller rink and less space. Hard to say, what i do know is that he can skate and has one amazing wristshot. 
I would say 4th liner and PP would be the most realistic hope for him to start with.

Edited by MODO Hockey

35 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Will be interesting to see Victor Olofsson among others, ofcourse.
Ive seen the kid since youth and im hoping he will prove him self enough to be a part of the team sooner than everyone think

I'm huge on Olofsson after his last season. Can't wait to see what he can do in North America

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I like Olofsson but I worry he is an offensive passenger and this team needs more drivers. 

I think the opposite honestly. Skinner, Eichel, and Mittelstadt are all drivers. Oloffson can be a perfect passenger up there with Jack

4 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Will be interesting to see Victor Olofsson among others, ofcourse.
Ive seen the kid since youth and im hoping he will prove him self enough to be a part of the team sooner than everyone think

Not soon enough for me.....I've watched him at camp and hoped he would make it to start the season. A real sniper is what we need.

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I think the opposite honestly. Skinner, Eichel, and Mittelstadt are all drivers. Oloffson can be a perfect passenger up there with Jack

I like your thinking. At some point we need to let offensive players play offense. We need a line like the old days....French Connection. Their job was to score. I hope we can get to rolling 4 scoring lines some day soon....it makes it easier on the eyes (and nerves) when watching, LOL.

Because of this:

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

...this:

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

I imagine it'll be pretty close to what we saw in July with the prospect camp. Hopefully we'll get a look at Nylander. Also wondering if they will let the team locks, Dahlin and Casey play, instead of risking injury.

7 hours ago, LTS said:

The good news is that the sooner there is a new update the sooner the last update stops getting dissected.  The problem with the off season is that there's not enough news being created.  As such we are left with 52 page threads on the color of some player's beer cooler at a charity golf tournament including pages of advanced stats on whether he used the ice properly in the cooler followed by pages blaming the coach for not having experience with proper ice usage.

Freaking ROR with his freaking paisley cooler! 

Sabres Rookies and kinda of the roster for the prospects game. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/camp-preview-rookies-looking-to-make-an-impact/c-299880042 

Rasmus Dahlin will be the talk of the town as the first-overall pick settles in for his rookie year. If you missed our camp preview story on him earlier this week, you can find that here. But he isn't the only rookie that fans will be watching. 

After tonight, we have the longest remaining stretch of no-Buffalo-sports until at least early April, lasting 9 days, and containing a holiday weekend. 

Then it's on.

Starting September 16 there is a stretch of 8 days with 6 games between the bills and Sabres - that Sunday the Chargers come to town, sabres play preseason games Monday Tuesday Friday Saturday, and then the bills finish the stretch.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.