Camp Opens September 13th

WildCard

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I vaguely remember this post, but I dont get the context of “watching a different season than everyone.”

Were a lot of people touting Pominville’s season as good? All the projections I’ve seen for this year have him anywhere from 3rd line to press box.

Yes, that particular paragraph was posted after somebody saying that Pominville wasn't an issue because of his 30something points. I was an exasperated person for reasons that didn't have all that much to do with the Sabres at the time. 

I'm going to be going a lot easier on players this year than I have been in the past, being grounded a bit by things like the Lehner situation. While still firmly insisting that Pominville truly earns a spot if he wants one. Despite the lip service, last season, some spots were given and not earned. 

25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

7-1 final.

Unofficial: Dahlin 3, Skinner, Risto, Wilson, Cornel, Hickey,

Sheary and Bogosian sit out (maintenance) and so it begins...

Do you know if the Bogosian and Sheary things are a "no reason for you to play in this" or do they already have sore spots/minor injuries?

Also, holy crap Dahlin

It sounds like Bogosian doesn't have any issue, it was just a general maintenance day. I'm not convinced a scrimmage against the Sabres would be worth risking anything for him, so I'm cool with that decision. He'll surely play plenty of preseason minutes. 

Reports from a guy at the scrimmage on hfboards are that Okposo looked good and faster than last year. It'd be great to add 16-17 KO to this team. 

Didn't go to the scrimmage, but not shocked by the outcome because even before Sheary & Bogosian were scratched, the blue team was stacked relative to the gold team.  They had the Eichel & Berglund lines plus Olofsson along with Ristolainen, Scandella, Dahlin, & McCabe & even Pilut.

Gold's D was Beaulieu, Nelson, Guhle, Hickey, Tennyson, Birgen, & Stephens due to the Bogo no go.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No one bothered to watch the highlights? Hutton gave up 4. They switched goaltenders at the halfway point. Judging from the highlights, it was multiple defensive breakdowns. Considering the best defenders and forwards were on blue... not really shocking. 

He gave up 4 through a period and a half?   oof.   That doesn't make me feel any better.

I like how camp is largely full of pros and bereft of people that are purely camp fodder - random sixth rounders and guys hoping to earn an ECHL contract.

To me only Glotov, Cornel and Stephens, and look like guys who will never sniff the NHL. The rest have had a look, or will get one soon. For nearly 50 guys who have a shot, that has to make every day a good step for team-building in both Buffalo and Rochester

Botterill has certainly gone out of his way to build organizational depth.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.