The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Hurts needed to come in before halftime.

I'm more worried about my house blowing down right now than I am about the outcome of this game!

Trevor Lawrence is Mitch from Dazed and Confused.

I always see Sunshine from Remember the Titans 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Cbs’s Way to early top 25

1. Clemson - Lawrence

2. Alabama - Tua

3. Georgia - Fromm

4. LSU 

Appparently QBs are important.  Rinse, wash, repeat.  

Until Chaney learns that he has to let Fromm throw a lot more an adapt the offense accordingly... not sure we have a chance. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of Chaney... he gone. 

My kids texted me right after it happened because they knew I'd be very happy.  If I can call the plays from the stands by looking at the formation, my guess is the other teams can as well.  Hopefully the new guy will do a better job at play calling.  

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My kids texted me right after it happened because they knew I'd be very happy.  If I can call the plays from the stands by looking at the formation, my guess is the other teams can as well.  Hopefully the new guy will do a better job at play calling.  

I disliked him too. He could never adapt to the game. If his plan didn't work we lost. If the other team adapted to his plan, we stopped scoring. Fromm should have been given more room to check out of bad run plays or obvious throws that were clearly covered pre-snap. So often we would see 8 men in the box and Fromm just hand it off to Holyfield to get 1 yard up the middle. I am glad he is gone and hope a more forward thinking and adaptable replacement comes in. 

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, GoPre said:

If unranked and have a chance to beat the number 1 team, play it safe and kick the almost guarantee point to tie things up and take it to overtime.  Going for 2 at the end was a TERRIBLE idea!

Clemson 21- NC 20 

Had a big argument about this yesterday. No way should you not go for two like they did. Like you said “if unranked and have a chance to beat the number one team...”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I loved the Mets when I was a kid. Then I found out they were all doing baselines worth of coke. That was a little hard to take as an 11 year old kid. I havent had a favorite baseball team since. Only ones I dont like. F the Mets, F the Yankees, F the Blue Jays, F the Nationals. So long as anyone else wins, it's a good year.

So long as I'm on a rant, Cal Ripken is a charlatan. The whole world is on steroids in the 80s and 90s and I'm supposed to believe he broke the hardest record to break totally clean. My ass.

To quote the great Ron Bennington of Ron and Fez radio fame: " Just because you use drugs doesn't make you a bad guy". Case in point: Tim Raines once literally had a crack vial in his pocket that shattered when he slid into 2nd base, but as a kid outside Shea getting autographs in the 80's him, Dale Murphy and Nolan Ryan were the absolute nicest guys I ever met.

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

What a game.  Geaux Tigers!

(Just finally finished watching it.)

Ended up being a great game to watch.  Penn State lost yesterday.  If LSU and Alabama win out, the Tide have a legitimate chance to make the College Football Playoff.  

15 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Saying America hates the Yankees isn't slander, it's just the truth! 

15 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Teams that unite America by losing: the Yankees, Patriots, Duke basketball, and Alabama football. 

Apparently $ talks and some Chinese takeout. 

Georgia’s D is good enough to hang with anyone, but the new OC makes Jim Chaney look competent.  Now 3 O lineman are hurt.  Just beating Auburn in Auburn maybe a big enough hill to climb. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.