The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

I think the key is Kentucky's offense. There have been teams that have slowed or stop that offense that are less talented than Georgia. If Kentucky can't run the ball all game, I think it will be tough for them. A 1 possession game seems likely. Good luck as well. 

Florida has a top rated defense.  It didn’t matter in the end. If GA can slow Snell, which both SC and Mizz did, and force UK to pass, GA should win.  I expect a similar game to what I just saw in Jacksonville.  Close for a half and then GA pulls away.  Remember UK scored 9 points against Mizz.  GA scored 43 on the road. 

The teams have 4 common opponents, FL, Vandy, SC and Mizz. UK is 4-0 winning 80-47. GA is also 4-0 winning 161-79

note:  SC and Mizz kept Snell to 3.5 yards per carry for a 166 yards on 47 carries.  Holyfield for GA also rushed for 166 yards against those 2 teams but did it in only 23 carries.  Also Swift added another 135 against them on 28 carries. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Calling it right now:  

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Georgia will lose the SEC title game and end the season with two losses.  Michigan will lose to Ohio State; two losses.  Oklahoma and Ohio State each will finish with one loss and the media will put Ohio State through.  

Alabama will beat Ohio State by 30.  Clemson will beat Notre Dame by 130.  Alabama will beat Clemson by 14.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Calling it right now:  

Alabama

Clemson

Notre Dame

Ohio State

Georgia will lose the SEC title game and end the season with two losses.  Michigan will lose to Ohio State; two losses.  Oklahoma and Ohio State each will finish with one loss and the media will put Ohio State through.  

Alabama will beat Ohio State by 30.  Clemson will beat Notre Dame by 130.  Alabama will beat Clemson by 14.

I don't think OSU can beat Michigan at this point.  OSU is so one dimensional on offense and the Mich D is very very good.  Compare what PSU's offense did against both teams and I think that tells the tale of the Mich/OSU matchup this year.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't think OSU can beat Michigan at this point.  OSU is so one dimensional on offense and the Mich D is very very good.  Compare what PSU's offense did against both teams and I think that tells the tale of the Mich/OSU matchup this year.

OSU lives rent-free in Harbaugh's head though.  

• Like (+1) 1

I forgot what it's like to go to a colllege town where they have multiple craft beers for 3-6$. Auburn v Georgia should be fun. Auburn will want to play spoiler and it's a trap game for Georgia after clinching the east... but somebody got tickets and we'll be cheering them on. 

Edited by LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The hell is happening at Ohio State? Good lord you let Maryland put up 51 on you. 

They suck and maybe the worst 10-1 ever.  The Big10 was supposed to be great this year with OSU  , PSU, MSU, U of M and Wis all being top tier teams.  Only Michigan is and they struggled to beat my Hoosiers.

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They suck and maybe the worst 10-1 ever.  The Big10 was supposed to be great this year with OSU  , PSU, MSU, U of M and Wis all being top tier teams.  Only Michigan is and they struggled to beat my Hoosiers.

You know they are going to get in and get destroyed in the first round by whoever is #1... Let's say Clemson because Georgia magically beats Bama. 

24 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know they are going to get in and get destroyed in the first round by whoever is #1... Let's say Clemson because Georgia magically beats Bama. 

If GA beats Bama in a close game. No way they drop Bama out of the top 4.  That puts Mich/OSU winner out of the CFP. 

Absent a major upset, I would expect the playoff to be:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. Oklahoma

EDIT:  Clarified that I think this is what the playoff looks like unless there's a huge upset, not next week's ranking.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.