The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

21 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

There are two kinds of college football fans. Fans of teams that have been caught doing something reprehensible and fans of teams that haven't been caught yet.

There's a big difference between giving a recruit a brown bag of money or starting a women's track team for their sister...

and child molestation. 

Saban killed Tua’s career.  I hope little Tua transfers from Bama.  Tua shouldn’t have started that game,  He wasn’t healthy going in and Bama would have won that game with someone from the stands.  Saban’s lack of caring for his players was obvious in the post game interviews.  Just awful.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Saban killed Tua’s career.  I hope little Tua transfers from Bama.  Tua shouldn’t have started that game,  He wasn’t healthy going in and Bama would have won that game with someone from the stands.  Saban’s lack of caring for his players was obvious in the post game interviews.  Just awful.

Saban's a tool? Really?  Ya don't say!  (Not so ironically, my phone autocorrected Saban to Satan. ? )

His bailing on Michigan State, LSU, and the Fishies wasn't a clue about his character?  

Sheesh, there's gambling at Rick's?!?  Shocked!  Shocked I say. ?

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Saban's a tool? Really?  Ya don't say!  (Not so ironically, my phone autocorrected Saban to Satan. ? )

His bailing on Michigan State, LSU, and the Fishies wasn't a clue about his character?  

Sheesh, there's gambling at Rick's?!?  Shocked!  Shocked I say. ?

Here’s your winnings.

I know this isn’t news that Saban is a tool but this brought being a tool to a new level.  Karma is a be-atch but Nick didn’t pay the price Tua did.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say this but OSU is the best team so far.  

Lsu has a great offense but a suspect defense.

Clemson is an unknown since they haven’t actually played a good football team this season.

Georgia has a great defense and a surprisingly ineffective offense.

Alabama is now Tua less and their D also has holes.

Oklahoma is the same as always.  Great offense but no defense.

Baylor is mediocre but having a dream season.

I think Utah is good but who knows.  

Playoff prediction.  OSU, Clemson Georgia and LSU.  Georgia upsets LSU in the SEC championship  in a close game and LSU ends up the 4th seed.

If LSU wins, OSU, LSU, Clemson and Utah.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hank said:

If OSU gets upset by Michigan and Georgia wins the SEC I think three SEC teams get in. 

Could this be the tipping point to an eight team playoff?

3? With Tua hurt there is a very small chance that Alabama could get in even with a crazy finish to the season. Alabama might lose to Auburn. 

53 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

3? With Tua hurt there is a very small chance that Alabama could get in even with a crazy finish to the season. Alabama might lose to Auburn. 

Yes three. Georgia wins they're in. There's no way LSU drops out. I think a loss this late for OSU with Bama beating Auburn and the committee puts Bama four and OSU five. I don't think OU can jump Bama. I think the only team that could possibly jump Bama with the committee is Utah, but I just don't see it happening. 

25 minutes ago, Hank said:

Yes three. Georgia wins they're in. There's no way LSU drops out. I think a loss this late for OSU with Bama beating Auburn and the committee puts Bama four and OSU five. I don't think OU can jump Bama. I think the only team that could possibly jump Bama with the committee is Utah, but I just don't see it happening. 

OK or Utah would likely jump Bama if they win their conference championships. 

Alabama would have only one top 25 win for the season (Auburn).  

If Oklahoma wins out they’ll have wins over 9 Baylor twice and 21 Ok St and be a conference champion.

Utah would also be a conference champion with a victory over Oregon

Honestly a one loss OSU if it losses to Michigan but wins the Big 10 conference championship or beats Michigan and losses the Big 10 championship is likely in playoff over Alabama.  They have wins beaten Wis and PSU already and win over Michigan or over Minn/Wis in the championship game gets them in.  

I don’t see Alabama with a chance honestly.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Mississippi / Mississippi State game today...

State winning 21-14 in last 10 seconds.  Ole Miss receiver catches TD to make it 21-20, then celebrates with dog urinating on the goal post routine.  15 yard penalty.  Kicker then misses extended extra point attempt. 

I'm going to call this a character building experience for the WR (among other things).

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28189413/ole-miss-wr-elijah-moore-apologize-urinating-dog-celebration

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Saban losing his #### at the end of the 1/2 was priceless.  And the Bama back trying to catch the ball on his back in the end zone and having it bounce to the guy covering him for a 101 yard touchdown return was bizarre.

That was awesome! I rewound it twice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.