The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

As much as I want Alabama to win, that was a BS call.

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Oh man, I'm a bad fan. I had no idea OU was ranked 5th and had a shot. 

How are you unaware if you're living in, studying in, and working in Norman?  Football is the only thing that happens there, ever, unless a Whataburger catches fire.

Edited by Eleven

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

As much as I want Alabama to win, that was a BS call.

How are you unaware if you're living in, studying in, and working in Norman?  Football is the only thing that happens there, ever, unless a Whataburger catches fire.

I only enter two buildings any given semester and one is my apartment in which I live alone. The other has about 2 people native to Oklahoma in it. It's easy!

38 minutes ago, GoPre said:

If game remains close and Georgia wins, both teams will be in the playoff.  There is no way Bama falls to 5th.  

If game remains close and Bama wins, both teams will be in the playoffs.  Bama had only trailed for slightly more than a minute this season.  What Georgia is doing is impressive.

Oklahoma may be out of luck.  Ohio State needs a miracle at this point.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

If game remains close and Bama wins, both teams will be in the playoffs.  Bama had only trailed for slightly more than a minute this season.  What Georgia is doing is impressive.

Ohio State can suck my Harry Neale.  I'd like to see OU in, but I'd love to see Ohio State out.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

After that game, Georgia deserves to be in the playoff. Selections are going to be very interesting.   

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

There is no way Georgia should be in.  The loss to Louisiana State and the loss today should be enough.

That said, we all know the networks would value them.  We'll see.

Just now, GoPre said:

After that game, Georgia deserves to be in the playoff. Selections are going to be very interesting.   

No, it doesn't.  Not over the two one-loss teams.  Georgia lost to freaking Louisiana State.  LSU is, umm, I'm trying not to circumvent the swear filter...

Just now, Taro T said:

One heck of a game.  Only way Georgia isn't in is if the committee decide that the fake punt should be disqualifying.  (It won't be, but holy cow, is the coach' real last name NotSmart?  Absolutely McDermott QB decision makingly bad call.)

It was Georgia's last best chance.  It was the right call against a team that they had no business being that close with.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, it doesn't.  Not over the two one-loss teams.  Georgia lost to freaking Louisiana State.  LSU is, umm, I'm trying not to circumvent the swear filter...

It was Georgia's last best chance.  It was the right call against a team that they had no business being that close with.

Bama had Hurts at QB.  Pin them deep and either force the 3 and out or at least get to OT.

Trust Fromm in OT over Hurts.

NotSmart faked a FG to blow the LSU game, too.  (Hee, hee, hee.  Geaux Tigers!)

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Bama had Hurts at QB.  Pin them deep and either force the 3 and out or at least get to OT.

Trust Fromm in OT over Hurts.

NotSmart faked a FG to blow the LSU game, too.  (Hee, hee, hee.  Geaux Tigers!)

"Pin them deep" doesn't even happen in pro football from the 50 (it's why I cringed when Clap Clap punted against New England late), and it certainly doesn't happen in college ball, where the kids catch it at the 15 and actually return the thing.

I'd trust Hurts over Fromm and about half of the NFL quarterbacks any day.

Which brings up another point:  Georgia couldn't beat Alabama with Alabama's backup in.  So why the Harry Neale should Georgia be in the playoff?

Edited by Eleven

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"Pin them deep" doesn't even happen in pro football from the 50 (it's why I cringed when Clap Clap punted against New England late), and it certainly doesn't happen in college ball, where the kids catch it at the 15 and actually return the thing.

I'd trust Hurts over Fromm and about half of the NFL quarterbacks any day.

Which brings up another point:  Georgia couldn't beat Alabama with Alabama's backup in.  So why the Harry Neale should Georgia be in the playoff?

If they're going to go on 4th & 11, go w/ Fromm.  Bama didn't put their punt team in.  Their regular D stayed in.  That was dumb.

And, yes, Georgia still lost even with Hurts in.  They are the only team to have given them a game.  If Tua is good to go, really can't see Clemson nor Oklahoma hanging with them.  Probably not Notre Dame either, but only saw 1 ND game (against Cuse) and not sure how good they actualy are.  We know Georgia can give them a game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

...,and then depression set in.

Sorry, bud.  But it's been predestined from the start of the season that Alabama will kill OU, those cruddy prots from SC will beat ND, and Alabama will beat Clemson.  It's just the way of the world sometimes.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Sorry, bud.  But it's been predestined from the start of the season that Alabama will kill OU, those cruddy prots from SC will beat ND, and Alabama will beat Clemson.  It's just the way of the world sometimes.

Yeah I know.  Frankly the Matrix isn't trying anymore.  Tua in for Hurts; Hurts in for Tua.......

As Frankie Valli once said... "so close; so close and yet so far."

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

"Pin them deep."  I had a dream this morning wherein the Bills fair-caught a kickoff at their own 8 with seconds left (and the lead) and opted to kick; the ball went out of bounds at the NE 2.  

I need better drugs.

Up yours.  :p

No offense. ;)

And, yeah, I expect OU to get the last bid now.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Fields may leave UGA.  I’m not really surprised.  He thought he’d come here and beat out a “game manager” QB.  I don’t think he realized just how good Fromm is. However, I’m not sure it’s in his best interest to transfer.  If he transfers, he’ll have to sit out a year and only have 2 years left of eligibility. If he sticks around he’ll play next year and possibly in a bigger role.  I wanted to see him as a RB/WR/H back with Fromm to get his athletic ability on the field and create another passing option for teams to defend. Also if he sticks around the following could happen to make him a starter sooner then later.

1) Fromm could get hurt next season, like Eason did when Fromm stepped in.

2) Fromm could easily go into next year’s NFL draft after his Junior year if he continue to dominate freeing up Fields to start for 2 years.  This worked for Murray in Oklahoma and he walked away with the Heisman.

All signs point to him transferring.  By all accounts he is a smart and good kid and I wish him well if he transfers.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

They are also talking to some kid from Hawaii.  I think Fields to OSU makes a lot of sense.  Apparently he has hired a lawyer to try to get immediate eligibility, but I doubt he qualifies.

He confirmed that he thought he could best out Fromm and couldn’t.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They are also talking to some kid from Hawaii.  I think Fields to OSU makes a lot of sense.  Apparently he has hired a lawyer to try to get immediate eligibility, but I doubt he qualifies.

He shouldn't. He's transferring because he thinks he is better than Fromm. yea the Hawaii guy is a 3star I think. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.