The College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Bump!

Syracuse murdered FSU today! The 'noles have awful coaching and they quit hard today. Good for Syracuse for beating them into submission.

Auburn v LSU is a pretty darn good game. Both teams are pretty good.

Our coach is bad but our offensive line is worse. Francois is getting murdered back there 

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Syracuse murdered FSU today! The 'noles have awful coaching and they quit hard today. Good for Syracuse for beating them into submission.

Let's discuss this. I was at the game.  Not all of this post is responsive to your post, BTW.  And for the record, I dislike both teams.  I just wanted to take my dad to a major college football game.  (I guess it wasn't that "major," because the stadium was only 2/3 full.)

First.  How the F does an enclosed stadium named after the guy who invented air conditioning NOT HAVE AC?  HOLY F*CK do you have any idea how hot it was in there?  Any?  I never will go back. I felt like a tomato in a greenhouse.  And I was with my dad who was well into his 70s this morning and now is 93.  F*ck that stadium.  I drank a half gallon of water in two hours and didn't piss.  Think on that one.  I had to change undershirt and boxers before I got into the car to go home; the ones I was wearing were soaked.  WTF is with a dome in Upstate anyway?  Cold is an advantage!  And if you're going to name it after Carrier, F*CKING AIR CONDITION IT.  Ass*oles.

Coaching:  You do realize that however bad FSU's coaches were, Syracuse's were worse, right?  Their play-calling was so tame that it looked like Marrone.  The only thing that saved the Orange is that their starter got hurt and a QB with a set stepped up.  And I"m betting that he ignored his coaches at least once.

The refs were the worst I ever have seen.  For both sides.  I think they called a 10-yard penalty for cross-checking at one point.  And the guys with the "sticks"?  OMG laughable.  At least five times in the first half, they had to be told where to go and what to do.

Florida State's D should be ashamed with the fake injuries. It was worse than Spanish soccer.  It's bad enough that they major in "shapes and colors" at that "school"; there's no need to go full Patriot-cheat.

Anyway.  My dad, being who he is, laid a C on Syracuse, and I'm glad he won; I'm even gladder for our night together last night and our day together today.

But SU still sucks for the tuition price (sorry man, but truth), that stadium is BS, and wow, 2/3 full for Florida State.  Nice job, there, SU.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Let's discuss this. I was at the game.  Not all of this post is responsive to your post, BTW.  And for the record, I dislike both teams.  I just wanted to take my dad to a major college football game.  (I guess it wasn't that "major," because the stadium was only 2/3 full.)

First.  How the F does an enclosed stadium named after the guy who invented air conditioning NOT HAVE AC?  HOLY F*CK do you have any idea how hot it was in there?  Any?  I never will go back. I felt like a tomato in a greenhouse.  And I was with my dad who was well into his 70s this morning and now is 93.  F*ck that stadium.  I drank a half gallon of water in two hours and didn't piss.  Think on that one.  I had to change undershirt and boxers before I got into the car to go home; the ones I was wearing were soaked.  WTF is with a dome in Upstate anyway?  Cold is an advantage!  And if you're going to name it after Carrier, F*CKING AIR CONDITION IT.  Ass*oles.

Coaching:  You do realize that however bad FSU's coaches were, Syracuse's were worse, right?  Their play-calling was so tame that it looked like Marrone.  The only thing that saved the Orange is that their starter got hurt and a QB with a set stepped up.  And I"m betting that he ignored his coaches at least once.

The refs were the worst I ever have seen.  For both sides.  I think they called a 10-yard penalty for cross-checking at one point.  And the guys with the "sticks"?  OMG laughable.  At least five times in the first half, they had to be told where to go and what to do.

Florida State's D should be ashamed with the fake injuries. It was worse than Spanish soccer.  It's bad enough that they major in "shapes and colors" at that "school"; there's no need to go full Patriot-cheat.

Anyway.  My dad, being who he is, laid a C on Syracuse, and I'm glad he won; I'm even gladder for our night together last night and our day together today.

But SU still sucks for the tuition price (sorry man, but truth), that stadium is BS, and wow, 2/3 full for Florida State.  Nice job, there, SU.

Only been in the Dome once for a bounceyball game in February.  Didn't notice the lack of AC. :p

Glad the rest of your evening/day were good.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:17 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Went to UGA vs Middle Tenn St.  90000+. Do I need to say more.  UGA in another romp.  Next stop at Mizzou.  

I don't like some of what I have seen from Fromm. He has made some mediocre throws and has looked pedestrian at times. He needs to step up. 

I married into a Buckeye famliy, and since I never cared about college football, they have become 'my team'.  Going to my first college game next Saturday with my father in law whose never been to one either.  Probably going to be a blowout as they play Tulane.  It'll be fun to be there, but, the result will likely be one of the reasons I never really watched much NCAA, the 50-60 point blowouts that happen regularly.

Fromm is interesting.  I think he is a victim of play calling at this point.  He looked much better in the second half against USC once they started calling the full offense.  

They were trying to run out the clock from the first play this week.  Hard to evaluate him when they only occasionally bring out the full offense. 

Next week will be a much better barometer of where he is at vs a decent Mizzou team.  Mizzou’s O should keep them in it for a while and we’ll likely get to see the full offense. GA’s real weapons are the 7 deep wr group.  I have a feeling they will turn the Mizzou game into a track meet.  

I did like that they added the jet sweep last week.  

1 minute ago, Marions Piazza said:

I married into a Buckeye famliy, and since I never cared about college football, they have become 'my team'.  Going to my first college game next Saturday with my father in law whose never been to one either.  Probably going to be a blowout as they play Tulane.  It'll be fun to be there, but, the result will likely be one of the reasons I never really watched much NCAA, the 50-60 point blowouts that happen regularly.

I grew up going to games at the rock pile and st Rich Stadium.  Frankly, I’d much rather watch GA play MTSU in Athens or see OSU play Tulane in the horseshoe then go to any pro game.  The atmosphere in a college town is just so much more fun. You will have great time.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I grew up going to games at the rock pile and st Rich Stadium.  Frankly, I’d much rather watch GA play MTSU in Athens or see OSU play Tulane in the horseshoe then go to any pro game.  The atmosphere in a college town is just so much more fun. You will have great time.

This is the second year that i have been really following college football, i really enjoy the close games. This weekend's OSU-TCU game was incredible.

i am sure the atmosphere will be pretty awesome, we are getting to Columbus about 2.5 hours before the game starts, lunch and drinks, maybe find a tailgate to hangout in.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Curious. Nothing about UB. You guys know there are 4-0, averaging 40pts/gm, and have a QB and WR who are 1st Rd draft prospects?

Went to UB enough to know better.  Watched how the media treats MAC to know better.  Watched enough MAC myself to know better.

1 hour ago, Cheektorado said:

Spanked a "Big Ten" in their own stadium, albeit Rutgers.

Go Bulls

Added quotes for accuracy.  Let me know when UB can beat Northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota, much less Ohio State.

Edited by Eleven

On 9/22/2018 at 10:12 PM, Eleven said:

Went to UB enough to know better.  Watched how the media treats MAC to know better.  Watched enough MAC myself to know better.

Added quotes for accuracy.  Let me know when UB can beat Northwestern, Iowa, or Minnesota, much less Ohio State.

UB getting Top 25 poll votes for the first time in program history. But you know better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MACSports/status/1043926649903951875

Edited by PromoTheRobot

UB getting Top 25 poll votes for the first time in program history. But you know better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MACSports/status/1043926649903951875

I know that the program never will make money.  I know that fleeting Top 25 votes are meaningless.  I know that Rutgers is not a real Big 10 team and that UB could not beat the normal also-rans of the real Big 10.  I know that even if we go 12-0, we will not be invited to the playoff. I know that even at 4-0, we will not fill the stadium for most if not all games this year.  I do know better.  Thanks.

Edited by Eleven

On 9/24/2018 at 8:50 AM, Eleven said:

I know that the program never will make money.  I know that fleeting Top 25 votes are meaningless.  I know that Rutgers is not a real Big 10 team and that UB could not beat the normal also-rans of the real Big 10.  I know that even if we go 12-0, we will not be invited to the playoff. I know that even at 4-0, we will not fill the stadium for most if not all games this year.  I do know better.  Thanks.

You must be a blast at birthday parties, reminding everyone that they're one year closer to death.

23 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of UB, they play Army this week and that will be a big challenge I think. If they beat Army they might deserve to be ranked 25th.

Speaking of fans not showing up for UB games, the grandstands are sold out for the Army game and only end zone GA remain. Luckily it's on CBS Sports Network Saturday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

42 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You must be a blast at birthday parties, reminding everyone that they're one year closer to death.

Speaking of fans not showing up for UB games, the grandstands are sold out for the Army game and only end zone GA remain. Luckily it's on CBS Sports Network Saturday.

So how many people is that? 20k? It's a tiny stadium. 

Army will be a big test for UB. Outside of a lopsided loss to Duke, Army has been in or won the other 3 games including a close loss at Oklahoma. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.