Antipin's Dad Takes a Shot

WildCard

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I'd guess that they offered him a 2-way deal and made it clear that it was reasonably likely he'd be in Rochester and have to compete for an NHL spot.

The qualifying offer itself could be a two-way deal, so that wouldn't be something that would stop the team from qualifying him.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

He has a point.

This reflects poorly on Coach Phil.   Hopefully he doesn't alienate Mr. Franchise in the same way.   

Not at all... but it fits your narrative.

48 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

If Antipin couldnt make a mark on as he put it: 'the 29th ranked team', whats that say about his son's talent level? ?

And this is why... for as bad as Buffalo was.. no one wanted Antipin in trade and he wasn't cracking the lineup.

Antipin might have promise, but that mentality is why he's never going to be a winner.  He's basically saying he'd prefer to go back to a lower level and win than play at the highest level and lose.  I can go into a 3rd grade gym glass and kick the crap out of them in dodge ball.  Am I winner?  Sure, I won the game.  But I'm a loser at life.  Antipin is trending in the wrong direction on this one.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, shrader said:

The qualifying offer itself could be a two-way deal, so that wouldn't be something that would stop the team from qualifying him.

They didn’t qualify Wilson but signed him to a do similar to what he got in arbitration. Seems like JBots likes to avoid it in these cases and negotiate on his own.

37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They didn’t qualify Wilson but signed him to a do similar to what he got in arbitration. Seems like JBots likes to avoid it in these cases and negotiate on his own.

I’m too lazy too look it up  did Wilson get less than his qualifying offer would have had to have been? I have a hard time imagining that arbitration was a serious concern with either guy, especially zero NHL experience-Antipin

3 hours ago, LTS said:

And this is why... for as bad as Buffalo was.. no one wanted Antipin in trade and he wasn't cracking the lineup.

Antipin might have promise, but that mentality is why he's never going to be a winner.  He's basically saying he'd prefer to go back to a lower level and win than play at the highest level and lose.  I can go into a 3rd grade gym glass and kick the crap out of them in dodge ball.  Am I winner?  Sure, I won the game.  But I'm a loser at life.  Antipin is trending in the wrong direction on this one.

Let's do it.  School starts in two weeks.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LTS said:

No sprinkles for you.  Or Antipin.  Or his dad.

8fVa.gif

Not Eleven either.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.