DaBeautyLeague 2018, Sabres Report

etiennep99

This year, several Sabres, past and present, played in DaBeautyLeague, a Summer 4 on 4 hockey league.  The league's season is now over.  
Here are some point totals for our guys and my personal reviews. The league didn't post +/-, so I only have point totals.  Mind
you that in a 4 on 4 Summer league, point totals are going to be highly inflated. [I am NOT a scout...just some of my observations.]

B. Boeser 9gp 16g 18a 34pts
For comparison the leading scorer was Brock Boeser; he was phenomenal day in day out. He's an example for why I wanted Jim Benning as our GM.

Z. Bogosian  5gp 4g 9a 12pts.
Zach played OK.  He showed some offensive flair with a nice shot on display for his goals.  Unfortunately, his defense wasn't stellar.  
He made a completely bone-headed play in the semi-finals that helped cost his team the game. [He pinned a guy along the boards and then
just stayed there while the play ended up coming back to the front of the net.]

Hudson Fasching    9gp 5g 6a 11pts.
I didn't see him score any goals personally. From what I saw he was the Rochester Fasching, i.e. has tools but cannot score.

Casey Nelson 9gp 2g 7a 9pts.
Casey was solid albeit unspectacular.

C.J. Smith 6gp 2g 5a 7pts
C.J. was solid albeit unspectacular.

Casey Mittelstadt 4gp 1g 3a 4pts
On his one goal, it was the Casey that makes us drool. The rest of the time, his play seemed a bit uninspired. And then he
dropped out of the league after just 4 games. He wasn't injured because he played with Eichel in a Buffalo beer league afterwards.
I know that it's just a Summer league. And as the games went on and grew in importance, intensity improved somewhat. I guess that
we'll have to wait for the prospect tournament and training camp to see how Casey fits in.

Sam Reinhart 1gp 1g 1a 2pts.
With his team down, Sam pushed hard to score the tying goal. Yay. But then he made a blind pass to the opponet's crease which ended
up at the blue line and was taken in for a break-away for the game winning goal.  Ouch.

The play-by-play guys were also playing things a bit loose. So, I'm sure that I missed some play by our guys as I didn't have
everyone's numbers memorized and the camera work was not top shelf.  But there you have it, some feedback on the DaBeautyLeague
for 2018.

Edited by etiennep99

17 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

This year, several Sabres, past and present, played in DaBeautyLeague, a Summer 4 on 4 hockey league.  The league's season is now over.  
Here are some point totals for our guys and my personal reviews. The league didn't post +/-, so I only have point totals.  Mind
you that in a 4 on 4 Summer league, point totals are going to be highly inflated. [I am NOT a scout...just some of my observations.]

B. Boeser 9gp 16g 18a 34pts
For comparison the leading scorer was Brock Boeser; he was phenomenal day in day out. He's an example for why I wanted Jim Benning as our GM.

Z. Bogosian  5gp 4g 9a 12pts.
Zach play OK.  He showed some offensive flair with a nice shot on display for his goals.  Unfortunately, his defense wasn't stellar.  
He made a completely bone-headed play in the semi-finals that helped cost his team the game. [He pinned a guy along the boards and then
just stayed there while the play ended up coming back to the front of the net.]

Hudson Fasching    9gp 5g 6a 11pts.
I didn't see him score any goals personally. From what I saw he was the Rochester Fasching, i.e. has tools but cannot score.

Casey Nelson 9gp 2g 7a 9pts.
Casey was solid albeit unspectacular.

C.J. Smith 6gp 2g 5a 7pts
C.J. was solid albeit unspectacular.

Casey Mittelstadt 4gp 1g 3a 4pts
On his one goal, it was the Casey that makes us drool. The rest of the time, his play seemed a bit uninspired. And then he
dropped out of the league after just 4 games. He wasn't injured because he played with Eichel in a Buffalo beer league afterwards.
I know that it's just a Summer league. And as the games went on and grew in importance, intensity improved somewhat. I guess that
we'll have to wait for the prospect tournament and training camp to see how Casey fits in.

Sam Reinhart 1gp 1g 1a 2pts.
With his team down, Sam pushed hard to score the tying goal. Yay. But then he made a blind pass to the opponet's crease which ended
up at the blue line and was taken in for a break-away for the game winning goal.  Ouch.

The play-by-play guys were also playing things a bit loose. So, I'm sure that I missed some play by our guys as I didn't have
everyone's numbers memorized and the camera work was not top shelf.  But there you have it, some feedback on the DaBeautyLeague
for 2018.

But he scored more than any other Sabre there?  Something doesn't compute.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.