OT -- High Praise for Buffalo Pizza

nfreeman

On 8/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, Weave said:

Lima and HFL are right next to each other.  It could be either.  I work in HFL.  It's a looong commute.  But I love the job.  I frequently have customers in for final acceptance of equipment purchases.  There are usually significant production run offs of the equipment.  Time is important so I usually order in food for our customers instead of taking them out for lunch.  HFL restaurants have very slow service.  If I didn't order salads frequently I'd have another 20lbs on the 40 lbs too much frame I'm carrying already.  I do miss Guidas pizzas.  The single slices were almost 1/4 of a pie.

I'm not a fan of HFL distillery's whiskey so I don't stop in.  I do drive by it every day on the way home from work, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't look at the place every day and consider pulling in anyway.

The whiskey... not that good.  Needs a lot more love and aging.

The vodka, made mostly with rye, I like.  The gin I like.  It's a good place to hang out and if you want a good cocktail, even with the whiskey, it works.

Totally understand about the salad.  Good to know you are working in my backyard.  Cheers!

Also, was visiting my parents in Franklinville today.. Rizzo's Pizza.  You can order "Buffalo style pepperoni, "cup-n-char".  Thought of this thread immediately.

On 8/19/2018 at 10:01 AM, SwampD said:

Yep. White American cheese product, I believe.

Not necessarily the cheese, I'm talking about the flavor of the ground beef (if you can call it that) seasoning and the tortilla's.      It's very different than any mexican down here is soCal.      

My wife (who's from the bay area) thought Mighty Taco was absolutely disgusting...  our marriage just hasn't been the same since.

Edited by pi2000

It is kind of funny.... that happens even here in Texas.  There are Mexican taco joints and American taco joints.  The American ones generally put twice the stuffing in each taco and charge 3X the price, and the flavors are very muted compared to the Mexican counterparts.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It is kind of funny.... that happens even here in Texas.  There are Mexican taco joints and American taco joints.  The American ones generally put twice the stuffing in each taco and charge 3X the price, and the flavors are very muted compared to the Mexican counterparts.

Here to.  My wife and I love going to this little Mexican Taco stand for .99 cent Tacos.  They’re excellent.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Come off it, Grumpy.

Dude, I'm not grumpy because you enjoy Alpo with American cheese on a bad flour tortilla.  I celebrate the fact that I'm not you.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Consider the source. He eats facon.

Huh?

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I thought it was you who was talking about eating fake bacon one time?

I have eaten fake bacon.  I did not enjoy it.  At all.  I also have had "duck bacon," which, despite coming from an actual animal, is worse.  Bac-o-bits are worse than both of those, though; I think they're made of some sort of smoke-flavored flour and baked in a Satanic oven.

Bacon, whether the freaking awesome kind or the Canadian kind, must come from a pig.  Lunch today was a BLT, actually.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Dude, I'm not grumpy because you enjoy Alpo with American cheese on a bad flour tortilla.  I celebrate the fact that I'm not you.

Huh?

Okay, not Grumpy.

Something else, then.

Maybe an unmitigated prig when it comes to something as inconsequential (and otherwise fun) as regional junk fast food.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.