OT -- High Praise for Buffalo Pizza

nfreeman

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

We got Pizza hut and a Boston Pizza in the area, been there once never again.

If I need a pizza Dr Oetker will have to do.   Preferably with pineapple.   ?

I have wanted a Dr Oetker pineapple pizza for a long time.  They're legendary.  I have no idea whether they're any good, but they are legendary.

• 1 month later...

So, my 14 yr old daughter went up to WNY for a baby shower and had dinner one night at Santoras. Had a fresh tomato and mozzarella pizza. Said it was the best she ever had. 

Now I’m curious if it possible to recreate the style at home. 

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

So, my 14 yr old daughter went up to WNY for a baby shower and had dinner one night at Santoras. Had a fresh tomato and mozzarella pizza. Said it was the best she ever had. 

Now I’m curious if it possible to recreate the style at home. 

Huh.  Santora's doesn't even make most people's usual list.  Then again, if she's used to Balmer-area or Capital-area pizza, just about anything is going to shine!

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Huh.  Santora's doesn't even make most people's usual list.  Then again, if she's used to Balmer-area or Capital-area pizza, just about anything is going to shine!

When we visit we do not go out. 

We have a nice Italian restaurant a mile away where we get a nice margarita pizza. 

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

For adults, true.

But have known a lot of teens through the years that considered Santora's their favorite pizzeria.  Something, something, refined palate.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why hasn’t our frozen custard travelled?

Actually, my good friend is planning on opening up an Abbott's Custard down here in New Orleans. Abbott's is now franchising and has moved into MA, FL, NC, SC, etc.

BTW - I used to go to Marvino's Pizza when I was a kid. That's long gone from what I'm told. ?

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

For adults, true.

But have known a lot of teens through the years that considered Santora's their favorite pizzeria.  Something, something, refined palate.

My wife’s favorite pizza from home is still Santora’s.  It’s gotta be sentiment.

21 minutes ago, Iron Crotch said:

Actually, my good friend is planning on opening up an Abbott's Custard down here in New Orleans. Abbott's is now franchising and has moved into MA, FL, NC, SC, etc.

BTW - I used to go to Marvino's Pizza when I was a kid. That's long gone from what I'm told. ?

We used to eat Marvino's as well. it was my sister's favorite.

1 hour ago, Iron Crotch said:

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Marvino’s at the plaza at Sheridan & Hopkins?  Near the Pop Shoppe and Schony’s?  Me too!

4 hours ago, Weave said:

My wife’s favorite pizza from home is still Santora’s.  It’s gotta be sentiment.

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Marvino’s at the plaza at Sheridan & Hopkins?  Near the Pop Shoppe and Schony’s?  Me too!

Santora's and Marvino's were childhood staples.  Friday pizza night usually was from Santora's.

Still, not usually on the top ten lists.

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Saw this posted today in a sub-reddit about Buffalo -- it's a pie from Picasso's (which I've never been to but this looks great):

image.thumb.png.68e0e11a3158345d2ed45417ce3bb1f6.png

Looks like a pie they used to serve at the old Pizza Junction in NT.

19 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’m loyal to Bocce’s. Always have. I like it way better than LaNova and other “popular” local spots.

I am a Bocce guy also.  Still miss the pepperoni and the odd shaped slices.  

Here in the Atl we actually get Buffalo style pizza.  The Galla family, which owned Godfather’s back in the day, opened Galla pizza and wings here and make a very solid pizza with the “cup” pepperoni with the grease floating in it.  

I took my dad there the other day we shared pizza and medium wings and he just loved it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.