English Premier League 2018-2019

Sabel79

35 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Stranger things have happened, was it not just last season that an unknown won?

Also, it has not been that long that Norwich has been relegated, eh?

I am seriously contemplating throwing my support to Norwich.  It's easy to root for a side like Man C, or Liverpool.  Does Norwich have any players that I would know?  Fill me in on their key players, please.  Thanks.

It's been three years, which has seemed like a decade.

Teemu Pukki is the man to get to know.  He's going to remain in the Premier League even if Norwich doesn't.  He has 28 goals in 41 games.  Played at Celtic a few years back.

Timm Klose (no relation to Miroslav) is a stalwart defender.  Onel Hernandez in midfield is creative offensively but usually looks for the most complicated way to clear the ball when he's in his own end.  He's like a freaking human Rube Goldberg device back there, and it's frustrating.

Tim Krul is the goalkeeper and has had some spot duty with his national team (Netherlands); he's a journeyman.

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Bump...

There is a pretty good chance that a top 4 spot is there for the taking and a ticket into CL, but nope.  They will draw a side that is just barely north of the relegation line.

The Gunners are as big a joke as Man U this season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, That Aud Smell said:

savage and accurate take on Man City

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-city-s-domination-has-been-bought-and-they-re-paying-the-price-1.3897613

also - financial fair play is mostly a mystery to me.

"Whether they like it or not, most people see their treble as more transaction than triumph."

Perfect description.