English Premier League 2018-2019

Sabel79

Just now, sabills said:

When I started following them they were a consistent Europa League player, fighting for a shot at the champions league. That's what I thought I was getting 4 years ago. I haven't watched them much since Lukaku left, honestly.

They really do look like a better team this year. But they have defensive brain farts that are costly. If they can get their act together on defense they could still turn things around. Sigurdsson is fun to watch. 

35 minutes ago, darksabre said:

They really do look like a better team this year. But they have defensive brain farts that are costly. If they can get their act together on defense they could still turn things around. Sigurdsson is fun to watch. 

Siggy is my favorite guy right now I think. They've been in need of some defensive help for YEARS now, they just don't seem to get it.

Maybe they can win the lottery this year?

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, N S said:

Did someone think that Fulham was going to be anything, but a bottom 5, maybe 7, squad?

I hope not, and were I a betting man I'd be in hard on them getting relegated.  The fact that they somehow claimed a draw they in no way shape or form deserved against Watford, who came out of the gate flying and indeed beat ManU, is further proof that the quality of this league is plummeting.  

Edit: Whoops, they lost to ManU, beat Spurs.  Whatever, they're still inexplicably in 4th place right now.

Edited by Sabel79

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

This is Everton though. They'll work Arsenal all game and then lose 1-0.

Probably.  The fact that Petr Cech has been hands-down the best player on the field for either team demonstrates what a flaming trashpile that first half was in general.  

Emery is going to have to make a choice between Ramsey and Ozil, they both can't play at the same time.  Also, Aubaymeng on the wing putting crosses in to where Aubaymeng should be to take crosses is less than ideal.  Ugh.

2 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Wet Ham playing ManU right out of the stadium so far this morning.  2-0 just before halftime, very much deserved.  

Personally, I am here for every single second of Jose Mourinho driving United off a cliff.  

3 - 1 full time.

LOL ... 'ramming speed' towards the abyse.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Aaaand Everton finally gets back to back wins. Good win today over another middle of the pack squad. Maybe things are finally coming together.

Just caught the highlights.  Sigurdson's goal was siiiiick.  As the kids say.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Aaaand Everton finally gets back to back wins. Good win today over another middle of the pack squad. Maybe things are finally coming together.

A win is a win, but they were at home against LC, who were down to 10 men in the 63rd minute.  Good, but expected result, eh?

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

This can not possibly be real life... 

... Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy ...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, N S said:

A win is a win, but they were at home against LC, who were down to 10 men in the 63rd minute.  Good, but expected result, eh?

... Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy ...

Jose is definitely caught in a landslide... 

13 minutes ago, N S said:

Clash of the titans tomorrow in Manchester.

Sorry ... the match is in Liverpool.

+++++

My Google 'feed' (not the actual match, but up to date updates) has a feature where the odds of winning the match are updated as it goes along.  About 5 minutes before the half at Old Trafford and Man U odds to win are down to 13%.   LOL ... MAN U.