English Premier League 2018-2019

Sabel79

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Dang.  Was hoping he would go to Liverpool.  I don't like Sea.

I was hoping for Spurs myself, but I'll take Chelsea. I like that situation a lot more for him now that Conte is gone.

Edited by sabills

On 1/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, Sabel79 said:

Arsenal are a first-class comedy troupe. I can’t even. 

Liverpool awaits, my friend.  We will gladly take your support.

Liverpool still on top of the table 4 points clear of Man C.

Man U better not make the top 4 after their horrible start to this season.  I will be very pissed if that comes about.

Excited to get to watch my team (Chelsea, who I've definitely always rooted for since childhood and not since last week when they bought Pulisic) play on NBC tomorrow so I don't have to find a stream online somewhere. Assuming, of course, that my antenna actually decides to pick up NBC for once.

12 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I think it's just about time for everybody to admit that United are back.

Because they changed managers from one that had completely messed up and they are winning against bottom half of the table sides?

No, I will still have my fun.

Although, at this point a top 4 finish is not out of the question based on the 3 and 4 sides being just about as stupidly managed on the pitch as Man U was.  That would truly be the most disappointing outcome of the season, IMO.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
sorry ... 4th and 5th sides ... the Spurs are OK

36 minutes ago, darksabre said:

That's what you get, traitor.

Fair. Though you should be happy, because this'll make Everton's stock go up.

29 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Correct.

I thought it was well advertised that all abandoners must abandon to Liverpool.

I'm not THAT heartless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Damn ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=epl&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA822CA822&oq=epl&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j35i39j0l3.2099j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11f60x_ln9;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1;;

We simply cannot allow Man U to finish top 4.

I am now an all out supporter of The Gunners and Sea to finish 4th and 5th in whatever order they see fit.  I think I would prefer Arsenal in the CL for 2019.

31 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Damn ...

https://www.google.com/search?q=epl&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA822CA822&oq=epl&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j35i39j0l3.2099j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11f60x_ln9;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1;;

We simply cannot allow Man U to finish top 4.

I am now an all out supporter of The Gunners and Sea to finish 4th and 5th in whatever order they see fit.  I think I would prefer Arsenal in the CL for 2019.

Haha, depending on Arsenal is like rooting for the Titanic.

Edited by sodbuster
  • Haha (+1) 1

COYR.

I declared for Liverpool years ago based on Bill Simmons' write-up for the EPL that he did for ESPN's fledgling online presence. It was the song that got me. That, and it was the home of the Beatles.

My fandom has crept up on me. When Gerrard slipped, I was bummed -- but not quite bummed like a fan would be.

Nowadays, I find myself thinking about the title race as much, if not more, than the Sabres' fortunes.

Nervy stuff. City is a machine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

COYR.

I declared for Liverpool years ago based on Bill Simmons' write-up for the EPL that he did for ESPN's fledgling online presence. It was the song that got me. That, and it was the home of the Beatles.

My fandom has crept up on me. When Gerrard slipped, I was bummed -- but not quite bummed like a fan would be.

Nowadays, I find myself thinking about the title race as much, if not more, than the Sabres' fortunes.

Nervy stuff. City is a machine.

The Reds will be there in the end.

I do believe they have earned the title this season more than Man C.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
yikes ...