English Premier League 2018-2019

Sabel79

On 12/3/2018 at 1:54 PM, sabills said:

I hope that my new side, Liverpool, takes a run at him.  Salah won't be playing for ever.

On 12/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, darksabre said:

Shame that Everton isn't going to be able to catch Arsenal. I like that they've managed to climb to 6th this season but being on the outside of the top 5 is a bummer. 

Never give up on a top 4 until it is out of the question.  Have to root for a CL birth even if an EPL title is out of question.

Liverpool atop the table pending Man C and Sea result later this afternoon.  I am starting to hate Man C as much as Man U since Man U is a joke.

Well, Liverpool stays 1 point clear of Man C.  

This is wonderful.

What is not wonderful, of course, is the fact that the police are investigating racism at the hands of Chelsea supporters at The Bridge.  Shameful, if true, and I have no reason to doubt that it did happen, since it happens all the time.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
missing words ...

Absolutely dispiriting performance by Arsenal this morning.  Losing 3-2 to Southampton.  South. *****. Ampton. 

Every player on that team today with the exceptions of Mkyhitarian and Lacezette has my permission to get in the sea.  

If indeed it’s the new manager’s mandate to get back to the champions league, he’d best be putting all his eggs in the winning the Europa League basket, this team still lacks any ability to defend or the spine to grind out results in the league.  Long way to go.  

2 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Absolutely dispiriting performance by Arsenal this morning.  Losing 3-2 to Southampton.  South. *****. Ampton. 

Every player on that team today with the exceptions of Mkyhitarian and Lacezette has my permission to get in the sea.  

If indeed it’s the new manager’s mandate to get back to the champions league, he’d best be putting all his eggs in the winning the Europa League basket, this team still lacks any ability to defend or the spine to grind out results in the league.  Long way to go.  

I must have forgotten that you are a Gunner.  Jump ship to Liverpool.  I did and an loving it.  It's not too late, my friend.  Is Ozil hurt, or something?

5 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Welp, at least we can all still enjoy ManU being bad.  

We can all enjoy the terrible season that Man U is having.  And by terrible, I mean they are at 6th in the table and my hope is that they remain out of the top 4 at the end of matchday 38.

42 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I must have forgotten that you are a Gunner.  Jump ship to Liverpool.  I did and an loving it.  It's not too late, my friend.  Is Ozil hurt, or something?

Not injured, just glued to the bench, along with Aaron Ramsey.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see both gone next month.  Ramsey is a free agent at the end of the year and stands to make a pile of money if he waits it out, so it’d be tricky to get him to sign off on a transfer now.  Ozil probably wants out.  

Of all the non-Arsenal big teams in England, I do hate Liverpool the least, but just no.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Ozil almost left in the last transfer window.  I would think he has had enough of all the shenanigans at Arsenal.  He is a premier playmaker in football, why the bench, other than the manager (who shall be nameless) has no clue what they are doing, imagine that.

I hear you about big football, not just England, but all of Europe.  I have always picked a player to follow, usually based on country loyalty on the International side, and followed them.  Dzeko (damn update .. . can't figure out how to do a proper accent) is still my favourite, but Serie A is very hard to follow here in NS ... all we have easy access to is EPL and TFC (LOL!!).  Anyway, I am following Liverpool mostly for Salah.

22 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Ozil almost left in the last transfer window.  I would think he has had enough of all the shenanigans at Arsenal.  He is a premier playmaker in football, why the bench, other than the manager (who shall be nameless) has no clue what they are doing, imagine that.

I hear you about big football, not just England, but all of Europe.  I have always picked a player to follow, usually based on country loyalty on the International side, and followed them.  Dzeko (damn update .. . can't figure out how to do a proper accent) is still my favourite, but Serie A is very hard to follow here in NS ... all we have easy access to is EPL and TFC (LOL!!).  Anyway, I am following Liverpool mostly for Salah.

Oh, Emery (there, I named him) knows what he’s doing, though i don’t really agree with it. There’s really no place for Ozil in his formation.  He’s been shunted out wide where he’s not really altogether useful.  He needs to be behind the striker in the middle, but that position doesn’t exist the way Emery sends the team out.  Just a two-man midfield with wingbacks and three up front in a line.  

My issue is Emery’s formation usually means some of his best players: Ozil, Ramsey, Lacazette mainly, are either poorly deployed or on the bench.  I get that he’s trying to impose his style, but he needs to be able to utilize his top guys.  It’s frustrating.  

22 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Oh, Emery (there, I named him) knows what he’s doing, though i don’t really agree with it. There’s really no place for Ozil in his formation.  He’s been shunted out wide where he’s not really altogether useful.  He needs to be behind the striker in the middle, but that position doesn’t exist the way Emery sends the team out.  Just a two-man midfield with wingbacks and three up front in a line.  

My issue is Emery’s formation usually means some of his best players: Ozil, Ramsey, Lacazette mainly, are either poorly deployed or on the bench.  I get that he’s trying to impose his style, but he needs to be able to utilize his top guys.  It’s frustrating.  

If this is the case, and you know better than I, and I trust your anaysis of the situation with Arsenal ... it is a sure ticket to somewhere else in the next transfer window for either the manager, or some / all the players you mentioned that don't really fit in.

more missing letters ...
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/18/2018 at 9:51 PM, Sabel79 said:

Oh, I’d be remiss if I didn’t pop in here to laugh hysterically about Jose and ManU.  That just about does it for his career.  

Bonus points: if the rumors about his replacement are true... buckle up it’s going to get funnier... 

Do tell ..........

++++++

LOL!!  Man C doing their best Man U impersonation today.  Man U is not looking terrible at the half against Cardiff.

Liverpool (hey, Smell) 4 points clear now.

1 hour ago, sodbuster said:

Looks like a different team with Ole letting the horses run free.

Timing on the move was clever. Cardiff and Huddersfield followed by Bournemouth and Newcastle.  They’d better look good in this stretch, Alexis’ dogs could be in charge.  

22 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Timing on the move was clever. Cardiff and Huddersfield followed by Bournemouth and Newcastle.  They’d better look good in this stretch, Alexis’ dogs could be in charge.  

No doubt in my mind Mou would never have even cleared three points from the two matchups. 

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Is Ozil playing?

Yanked off at halftime after the midfield was pathologically unable to get him the ball.  Better still, replaced by Alex Iwobi, the living embodiment of unrealized potential.  I have no idea what's going on anymore.  

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Yanked off at halftime after the midfield was pathologically unable to get him the ball.  Better still, replaced by Alex Iwobi, the living embodiment of unrealized potential.  I have no idea what's going on anymore.  

I just saw that Ozil was taken off.  What a joke that Arsenal squad is.  Take off one of the best set up men in the game since no one could get him the ball.  That is like benching Eich because Ramsii could not pass him the puck.