English Premier League 2018-2019

Sabel79

While bummed to have missed the Sabres yesterday, I did get to watch Arsenal-Liverpool.  Absolute battle of heavyweights.  Fantastic game for a 1-1, I haven't felt this good about where Arsenal are in a decade.  Unfortunately, Man City and all the financial cheating probably make this irrelevant, but still, there's hope.  

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

True, they're tied on points (Leeds won today though) but Norwich are still second on goal difference, which @pi2000 will tell you, is the best way to separate teams... 

I think that # of wins should be the first tie breaker, no matter what pi says.

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Southampton are going to be lucky not to have ten dropped on them by the end of this game against Man City.  How does Mark Hughes keep getting jobs?  

Pretty close ... 6.

I'm pretty satisfied with the draw against Chelsea this weekend. Everton seems to have maintained a level of reasonable decency so far. Would be nice to get wins against Cardiff and Newcastle and maybe a draw against Liverpool. 

Who am I kidding, Liverpool is going to crush us. 

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm pretty satisfied with the draw against Chelsea this weekend. Everton seems to have maintained a level of reasonable decency so far. Would be nice to get wins against Cardiff and Newcastle and maybe a draw against Liverpool. 

Who am I kidding, Liverpool is going to crush us. 

That is a good result for you guys.

Meanwhile the battle of Manchester was another dull affair, unless you are big on City.

I have fully embraced Salah and Liverpool.  So, we are going to crush you guys in a few weeks.  Yup.

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Upon closer investigation Man U managed a nil - nil draw today at Old Trafford against a Crystal Palace side that is barely North of the relegation line ... LOL!!  Man U!!  They are more despised than the Yankees and Red Sox combined.

I hate-watched this game.  Palace were incredibly unlucky not to win.  They made some good chances but just couldn't finish.  Jose is taking his scheduled 3rd season meltdown to near performance-art levels with this bunch.  Love it. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Chelsea completely run off the pitch by Spurs today. 3-1 with Chelsea's goal coming in garbage time.  It's hard to believe this is the first game they've lost this season, they're not very good.  

They are pretty good, but have been pretty lucky, at least that is what I remember.

This season was destined to be a two horse race from the beginning.

37 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Everton loses in stoppage time on the Billsiest goal of all time 

The powers that be ordained it from the beginning ... Everton was not leaving Anfield with a W.

18 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Oh dear.  England’s #1 goalkeeper with a classic right there... 

Classic is correct, but see above.