Eichel buys Doug Whaley's house

WildCard

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Holy cow the entire thing is a giant puff piece for local real estate agent Maureen Flavin.

I hadn't focused on that, actually.

It's more than fair to infer that there was some sort of quid pro quo with the real estate firm. My guess: Howard Hanna's PR person pitched the story to an editor at TBN. And maybe Howard Hanna will now increase its placement of ads in TBN in the coming months.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Mittelstadt, of course, will have to live exactly in the center of Buffalo.

I would have thought he'd move into one of the many big Churches downtown; he's already on the deed.

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's more than fair to infer that there was some sort of quid pro quo with the real estate firm. My guess: Howard Hanna's PR person pitched the story to an editor at TBN. And maybe Howard Hanna will now increase its placement of ads in TBN in the coming months.

I don't watch local news-ish stuff unless I'm in Buffalo, but it's amazing how much of news TV seems to be thinly-disguised advertising. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Actually, that goes for the national morning shows too.

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

I don't watch local news-ish stuff unless I'm in Buffalo, but it's amazing how much of news TV seems to be thinly-disguised advertising. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Actually, that goes for the national morning shows too.

Good point. It is the same everywhere you go, as you say.

24 minutes ago, ubkev said:

There is some tacky ass decorating going on there!

Says the guy who hangs maps and sports merch on his walls.

I totally agree with you!

Says the girl who lets her boyfriend hang life sized posters of Bruce Smith in the apartment next to her gigantic Mad Max prints.

Actually Carter where is the Bruce poster? You haven't tried to terrify me with it in this apartment yet. 

6 minutes ago, josie said:

I totally agree with you!

Says the girl who lets her boyfriend hang life sized posters of Bruce Smith in the apartment next to her gigantic Mad Max prints.

Actually Carter where is the Bruce poster? You haven't tried to terrify me with it in this apartment yet. 

Honestly, this apartment lacks an appropriate wall for Bruce. He's biding his time.

57 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think that firm specializes in homes that aren't typically advertised in newspapers, though.  Not to say that there couldn't have been some other type of quid pro quo.

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I would have thought he'd move into one of the many big Churches downtown; he's already on the deed.

Take a look at any newspaper as well outside of their national news section.  They're all geared to sell something in the vast majority of their "news" articles.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, josie said:

10313498_10202964509860201_7139618019515833706_n.jpg

We used to put fake sunglasses on non-game days to cut down on the "something is watching me" vibe

do the eyes move like those Jesus pictures?  that would be freaky...but awesome!

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Holy cow the entire thing is a giant puff piece for local real estate agent Maureen Flavin.

That's exactly what it is...

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

It's also 100% accurate besides more than fair.  You're likely to see HH ads on TBN website as well.

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think that firm specializes in homes that aren't typically advertised in newspapers, though.  Not to say that there couldn't have been some other type of quid pro quo.

The newspaper is a huge real estate advertising medium.  That has not changed.  The number of people who look forward to home sections is amazing.

I spent 8 hell months working as the Vice President of IT for Nothnagle (bought by Howard Hanna a few months after I left).  The rest of the senior leadership team still runs the local operations and this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff they spent their time working on.

39 minutes ago, 3putt said:

do the eyes move like those Jesus pictures?  that would be freaky...but awesome!

They totally follow you around the room. The way it was set up, my back was to it at my desk. I always felt like, something was waaatchin' meeee 

The creepy eyes thing is if the subject is looking directly at the camera (or the virtual camera in the case of a painting).  My dad's cousin painted a portrait of my mom and she's looking directly out.  It used to feel like she was watching us all the time.  The good thing that came out of that is that the portrait hung in our living room growing up so we learned to ignore it.  That stuff doesn't creep me out anymore.  (In fact I've got that portrait hanging in my family room.  I call it my security system because anyone who might break in will feel like they're being watched.)

There's some nice houses / condos over there. I know its a popular location for a lot of Sabres players. I used to run into Derek Roy all the time at the Tops on Niagara St. I never got over how tiny that guy looked in person. But it makes sense that he'd like to live close to the arena. I just hope that's his reasoning & its not to just get closer to Chippewa lol

6 hours ago, darksabre said:

Ken O’Brien AIN’T coming to visit you anytime time soon.

Edit to add:  I got to thinking of Ken and the poster.  It would be inside Ken’s Room 101 which was, coincidently enough, administered by Orwell’s O’Brien.

Edited by Neo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.