TRADE: Sabres acquire Jeff Skinner

Hoss

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think they will. Improve enough? Eeeeehhhh maybe not, especially if Berube is the guy the rest of the way. Like I said, I think their biggest issue is the goaltending has been atrocious.

I think they are going to fix the goaltending and trend up. I see them finishing 9th though just because we can't get everything we want. They finish 11th though and I might cry with happiness. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I think they are going to fix the goaltending and trend up. I see them finishing 9th though just because we can't get everything we want. They finish 11th though and I might cry with happiness. 

What goaltending is out there that can fix it mid-season? Not a challenge I honestly don't have a pulse on the FA/trade goaltender market.

1 minute ago, Samson's Flow said:

What goaltending is out there that can fix it mid-season? Not a challenge I honestly don't have a pulse on the FA/trade goaltender market.

I think they will stop starting Allen as much and will make a trade. For who? idk but I think we see something. 

On 11/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, Hoss said:

Last year they dumped Stastny last year then went on a run. I think they end up giving us a very nice early teens pick.

The conditions on this pick are shaping up quite nicely. As you say, the pick may actually end up providing our highest selection in the 2019 draft, or it's unprotected in 2020 and potentially even better. 

On 11/19/2018 at 5:30 AM, Hoss said:

Jeremy White has been consistently wrong (I still think he makes this ***** up) but that’s understandable and what I would ask for if I was Skinner. Doesn’t mean he’ll get it and hopefully won’t be a huge issue to get him down $1 million from there.

Exactly. Asking for 9 now, he's not going to keep goal scoring at the pace he's at, lock him up at 8 per. 

On 11/20/2018 at 9:54 AM, Samson's Flow said:

Yes, let me restate - the coaching change will probably only move them from current bottom 10 team to 11-15th draft pick. Still bad, but not as bad.

Perfect for us, we'd be getting the pick this draft in that scenario. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Hearing on the radio that Pierre Lebrun is reporting the Sabres and Skinner expected to start contract talks in about a month, likely over the holidays.

Cant be a person on here who is unhappy to hear that.

Yea that’s what LeBrun tweeted this morning. He says “we’ll see where it goes.”

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Hearing on the radio that Pierre Lebrun is reporting the Sabres and Skinner expected to start contract talks in about a month, likely over the holidays.

Cant be a person on here who is unhappy to hear that.

My guess is the conversation between Jbot and Skinner's agent went something like this.  Mr. Agent, I just saw Jeff's video that he is thankful for Jack Eichel this holiday season.  I guess that means he wants to stay and we would like him to stay as well.  Lets talk next week about an extention.  Jbot, I've talked to Jeff and he indeed wants to stay and help win a Cup in Buffalo.  I agree lets talk next week and get this done.

Just now, Brawndo said:

But, but Eklund said he wants to be a Leaf and Buffalo is going to trade him and prospects for William Nylander and Skinner will take less to sign with His Hometown Team. 

E5 Rumor! 

Eklund is a fraud but just because there are contract talks doesn’t mean a deal happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.