TRADE: Sabres acquire Jeff Skinner

Hoss

Jeremy White has been consistently wrong (I still think he makes this ***** up) but that’s understandable and what I would ask for if I was Skinner. Doesn’t mean he’ll get it and hopefully won’t be a huge issue to get him down $1 million from there.

22 hours ago, Doohickie said:

St. Louis is a game under NHL .500 and have been playing worse than their personnel.  Their biggest area of need is goaltending so with one move they can right the ship.

FWIW, I punched their numbers into my sheet, and they need to play the rest of the season at a 99-point-pace, or go on a 5-game winning streak to get back to the playoff bubble. So essentially, they're only slightly worse off than the Sabres were 5 games ago.

On 11/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

Part of me thinks it depends on how long it takes them to come to their senses and toss Yeo overboard. The goaltending has to come around too, but Yeo has to go. 

Well they tossed Yeo, but they (StL) still resemble the Sabres teams of the past couple years in that they appear to be a collection of seemingly talented players that just don't fit well together. I don't think they are suddenly going to improve just from a coaching change.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:56 PM, Robviously said:

Think we might have to start saying we have 2 first round picks next year and another 2 in 2020.

St. LOLis is a tire fire. 

Yep - I think more likely than not they will be shifting the StL pick to 2020. Which may be beneficial if their downward spiral continues into 2019/2020.

10 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Well they tossed Yeo, but they (StL) still resemble the Sabres teams of the past couple years in that they appear to be a collection of seemingly talented players that just don't fit well together. I don't think they are suddenly going to improve just from a coaching change.

Yep - I think more likely than not they will be shifting the StL pick to 2020. Which may be beneficial if their downward spiral continues into 2019/2020.

I think they will. Improve enough? Eeeeehhhh maybe not, especially if Berube is the guy the rest of the way. Like I said, I think their biggest issue is the goaltending has been atrocious.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think they will. Improve enough? Eeeeehhhh maybe not, especially if Berube is the guy the rest of the way. Like I said, I think their biggest issue is the goaltending has been atrocious.

Yes, let me restate - the coaching change will probably only move them from current bottom 10 team to 11-15th draft pick. Still bad, but not as bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.