PSE Creativity Watch

That Aud Smell

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I almost didn't click on the Sabres' Happy Thanksgiving video. I assumed it was going to be, "I'm Marco Scandella, and I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving." I'm glad I clicked. Skinner is thankful for Jack (cue assist). Jack is thankful for Skinner. Bogo is thankful for Hutton (big save after Bogo booboo). And so on. Good stuff. (Also, the Sabres have won seven straight.)

I wish it was this good. Skinner thanking Eichel was just Eichel scoring alone and not an easy dish to Skinner. Hutton save wasn’t a Bogo mistake either. Could’ve been funny. Was lazy instead.

3 hours ago, Robviously said:

I was really impressed with the game presentation last night. The Sabres-Flyers rivalry montage during the 1st intermission was awesome and the Sabres montage (to “Guerilla Radio” by Rage Against The Machine) in the 2nd was great too. 

FWIW, I actually like DJ Milk. I was wildly skeptical when I first saw him in that second game of the season but his intermission stuff has won the crowd over every time and it’s been a good way to pass the time until the players are back out. I like that we’re stealing an idea that’s worked in the NBA (versus just looking at what other hockey teams are doing). 

***** I missed the montage in the first intermission getting beer.

As a young person I thought DJ Milk was incredibly annoying and shouldn’t have a mic. Just play music. I thought even the kids seemed disinterested in him.

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, darksabre said:

Bumping this because the Tre White Goalie Academy stuff is maybe some of PSE's best work so far.

I think it works because of the inclusion of several Buffalo memes, not the least of which is Marty talking fast.  The whole thing is one inside joke* after another.

*by inside, I mean you have to be a Buffalo sports fan to really get the jokes, the references, etc.

21 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think it works because of the inclusion of several Buffalo memes, not the least of which is Marty talking fast.  The whole thing is one inside joke* after another.

*by inside, I mean you have to be a Buffalo sports fan to really get the jokes, the references, etc.

It also helps that the people they used in the video have some personality/silly facial expressions. 

I think a lot of sports orgs including the Sabres have tried funny things in the past (usually holiday themed) but you get monotone script reading and dead eyes, which if used correctly can be hilarious too but... this vid is reminiscent of those playoff commercials from a few years ago with the Sedins as sexy swedish twins, Lundqvist making smoothies in a couple's home and Ovi's head in a locker.

Edited by josie
  • Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Having a teams that appear to be chock full of "personalities" has really made PSE's job a lot easier. 

A lot easier to HAVE a personality when your team is 4th from the top rather than locked into the bottom 4.  Because we all know that there would be guys receiving daggers should they dare to have fun when off the ice if they're getting their lunches handed to them on the ice.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

A lot easier to HAVE a personality when your team is 4th from the top rather than locked into the bottom 4.  Because we all know that there would be guys receiving daggers should they dare to have fun when off the ice if they're getting their lunches handed to them on the ice.

Correct. Give credit to the stuff they're doing with the Bills too even though they're bad. Guys like Tre White are great to have around. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

A lot easier to HAVE a personality when your team is 4th from the top rather than locked into the bottom 4, or you're Tre White.  Because we all know that there would be guys receiving daggers should they dare to have fun when off the ice if they're getting their lunches handed to them on the ice.

FIFY

On 12/11/2018 at 10:23 AM, darksabre said:

Bumping this because the Tre White Goalie Academy stuff is maybe some of PSE's best work so far. 

There are other segments on this subject.  I think this was the original:

And the bloopers

I think whoever's doing this stuff is spending some time with the teams and just listening to what they're joking about.  If it's funny, they film the segments.

• Haha (+1) 1

I kind of like the idea of just picking up on jokes and making shorts about them.  If the team is teasing Casey that he looks like Macaulay Culkin, this is perfect.  If they start jokes about the number of Swedes on the team, I'd like to see them make a video about that.  I can picture the team making a special trip to in IKEA store in some city that has one, just so the Swedes on the team can get some of those  yummy Swedish meatballs in their cafeteria.  That would be pretty funny I think.

Basically, come up with "internet memes" about the team and run with them.

EDIT:  I can see the video now:  They give the players an afternoon off during a road trip.  It's practice time and all the Swedes are missing.  They search the city high and low, at all the bars and strip joints, even the miniature golf place, then finally find them at the IKEA cafeteria.  Maybe make it where the whole team is missing and has to search the city to find them, with each group of players being in a weird location, culminating with the IKEA cafeteria scene.

Edited by Doohickie

35 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I kind of like the idea of just picking up on jokes and making shorts about them.  If the team is teasing Casey that he looks like Macaulay Culkin, this is perfect.  If they start jokes about the number of Swedes on the team, I'd like to see them make a video about that.  I can picture the team making a special trip to in IKEA store in some city that has one, just so the Swedes on the team can get some of those  yummy Swedish meatballs in their cafeteria.  That would be pretty funny I think.

EDIT:  I can see the video now:  They give the players an afternoon off during a road trip.  It's practice time and all the Swedes are missing.  They search the city high and low, at all the bars and strip joints, even the miniature golf place, then finally find them at the IKEA cafeteria.  Maybe make it where the whole team is missing and has to search the city to find them, with each group of players being in a weird location, culminating with the IKEA cafeteria scene.

I'd love a scene of the Swedes translating what the different furniture names mean, even if they were all made up.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

An Ikea opened up in Halifax very recently.  I'll see what I can do.

I'm not a fan Ikea mind you, so that could be a problem.

Halifax was the location of the first Ikea in North America, in 1975.  It closed down and they have been MIA for 20+ years until about a year, or so, ago.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.