PSE Creativity Watch

That Aud Smell

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 2:07 PM, PASabreFan said:

Excellent.

Smell's got some 'splainin' to do.

Hey - you gotta tag me on stuff like that.

There's been a lot of improvement on several fronts. I've noticed a few swings and misses here and there, but, on balance, PSE seems to be moving in a more modern direction.

I see that Josh Allen story was posted here. I recall it being previously posted and discussed elsewhere. I won't repeat my thoughts on the subject.

• 3 months later...

Looks like Lauren Hall’s out at PSE.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/22/ch-2-hires-lauren-hall-to-work-on-morning-afternoon-programs/

“She was replaced as the in-game host last season but remained with PSE until recently working on its web and TV feature material.”

Edited by That Aud Smell

On 4/22/2019 at 8:42 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Looks like Lauren Hall’s out at PSE.

https://buffalonews.com/2019/04/22/ch-2-hires-lauren-hall-to-work-on-morning-afternoon-programs/

“She was replaced as the in-game host last season but remained with PSE until recently working on its web and TV feature material.”

"falling up" is a skill i have yet to master.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

maybe falling laterally but still, certainly not falling downward.

Given the terms generally provided by local network affiliates (compensation, hours), and those paid by private entertainment conglomerates (samewise), I’m thinking this is downward-ish.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Didn’t the Sabres use Jump Around as a win song for a while?

I always chuckled at How You Like Me Now? the few times they played it early in 2010-11 when the Sabres started heating up after a slow start.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

@josie your thoughts on this? Specifically I was thinking why the hell didn't they use the same gold for the 5k part that they are using everywhere else for everything else. 

Dude I have no idea. 

I'm kinda flabbergasted with the whole latest design choice. Those jobs are the "big jobs", the kind of dream job a shmuck like me could only ever hope to land and never will. It's supposed to be the tightest ship, the leading edge of consistency, creativity, style, and execution. They've got the money and ostensibly the support to do great things.

And it's just all over the place. We went from Chipotle Cup Chic scribble writing to marble trophy plate vaporwave marble Salvatore's a e s t h e t i c but only half have those gilded pants on. 

Screw the whole royal blue discussion, wtf is up with butter yellow and metallic gold and thick sports fonts and narrow serif all caps typefaces? Is it all going to come together? Is it just a total mishmash of trial by committee? Is it a complete cult of personality up there?

It's just not good.

In my opinion, go retro. Everyone wants it. It's good design. You have one of the most beautiful designs in athletics sitting in your stable and you're ignoring it entirely. You want money? Nostalgia bucks? Cash in on that. The market is ripe to bursting for it. 

This ain't it, chiefs. 

Edited by josie
  • Like (+1) 8

6 minutes ago, josie said:

Dude I have no idea. 

I'm kinda flabbergasted with the whole latest design choice. Those jobs are the "big jobs", the kind of dream job a shmuck like me could only ever hope to land and never will. It's supposed to be the tightest ship, the leading edge of consistency, creativity, style, and execution. They've got the money and ostensibly the support to do great things.

And it's just all over the place. We went from Chipotle Cup Chic scribble writing to marble trophy plate vaporwave marble Salvatore's a e s t h e t i c but only half even have those gilded pants on. 

Screw the whole royal blue discussion, wtf is up with butter yellow and metallic gold and thick sports fonts and narrow serif typefaces? Is it all going to come together? Is it just a total mishmash of trial by committee? Is it a complete cult of personality up there?

It's just not good.

I'd also add that for me visually, the gold plates aren't anchored properly to the image next to them. If you put the gold plates next to that shield they should line up properly as opposed to the top plate being slightly below the shield (look at the silver line coming across and the top of the gold plate) and the bottom plate being slightly above but not to the same extent as the top plate. It lacks balance. 

100% agree with you and enjoy your artistic/graphic design thoughts on this mess. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.