PSE Creativity Watch

That Aud Smell

21 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Dear God those are ugly.

And, not even "ugly" as in "yeah, so ugly that they're sorta fun." (Like, arguably, the turd burger.)

Good job, good hustle, Jessie.

Hard pass: Bills, Sabres fans don't hold back their feelings on new One Buffalo hats

Do they come with a propeller?  No thanks...

Edited by North Buffalo
spelling
  • Haha (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not sure what angle the marketing department is going for here 

FDBB61F3-EC84-4988-B1F5-01545509BD2A.jpeg

Early 90s edgy.  Like the original espn2 (note the lowercase) font.

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

That poster is pretty nice. They’ve been using that text style on all platforms. It’s a little messy/confusing but it works.

In what way does that "work"?

5 hours ago, LTS said:

The style of text around the sword is very commonly used these days.

The B as the hilt isn't the worst thing in the world.

Also, I don't think the marketing is targeted at us... we're too old for it.

If the B in that picture is the hilt, what's the sword (sabre) doing wrapping around itself?

Edited by Eleven

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If the B in that picture is the hilt, what's the sword (sabre) doing wrapping around itself?

Pretty sure the B is supposed to be a stylized hand protector (not sure what the technical term would be & don't care enough to look it up) that some swords (an epee for example) have just above the hilt.

So, the sword probably isn't technically a saber.  D'oh!

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure the B is supposed to be a stylized hand protector (not sure what the technical term would be & don't care enough to look it up) that some swords (an epee for example) have just above the hilt.

So, the sword probably isn't technically a saber.  D'oh!

1 hour ago, LTS said:

My analysis stopped with my initial post.  It's all I can surmise.  ?

The hilt (where you would hold the thing) is supposed to be the curve at the bottom, not the B.  I'm not sure what that B is doing at all.

On 8/11/2018 at 11:05 AM, LTS said:

The style of text around the sword is very commonly used these days.

The B as the hilt isn't the worst thing in the world.

Also, I don't think the marketing is targeted at us... we're too old for it.

As someone who is the age they're targeting... I am so. so. so. so sick. of that font style. It screams "Pinterest rustic wedding" to me, even though it's not exactly the same font (lullabies, virginia sky, any other brush font, this one's more masculine BUT STILL). A lot of my coworkers love it "it's so fresh" "I love the new direction it's so modern"... but I've seen that "fill the negative space with axioms/text/blah blah" on Chipotle cups for a decade now. 

I don't know, call me crazy, but I feel like if you're a big ol' expensive sports team with a fat bankroll backing you, you have the power to be an influencer and do something interesting/different/lead the way. This is just fitting in, IMO. 

At least it's better than all the Blueprint stuff...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, josie said:

As someone who is the age they're targeting... I am so. so. so. so sick. of that font style. It screams "Pinterest rustic wedding" to me, even though it's not exactly the same font (lullabies, virginia sky, any other brush font, this one's more masculine BUT STILL). A lot of my coworkers love it "it's so fresh" "I love the new direction it's so modern"... but I've seen that "fill the negative space with axioms/text/blah blah" on Chipotle cups for a decade now. 

I don't know, call me crazy, but I feel like if you're a big ol' expensive sports team with a fat bankroll backing you, you have the power to be an influencer and do something interesting/different/lead the way. This is just fitting in, IMO. 

At least it's better than all the Blueprint stuff...

How many sports teams... anywhere do this?  That's a lot of different ways to be going if they were all able to do it.

I don't go on pinterest... soooo I guess I am good?  I don't even think in negative space.  I took a photo once and the commentary on it was.. great use of negative space.  I said thanks and moved on. I know what it is... I just never think about it.  

2 hours ago, LTS said:

How many sports teams... anywhere do this?  That's a lot of different ways to be going if they were all able to do it.

I don't go on pinterest... soooo I guess I am good?  I don't even think in negative space.  I took a photo once and the commentary on it was.. great use of negative space.  I said thanks and moved on. I know what it is... I just never think about it.  

I follow loads of sports creatives- it just seems a sort of shuffle backwards in comparison to some of the other stuff I'm seeing out there. 

I do think about it- it's my living. Sorry. Different point of view. I just hope a better team brings exciting stuff in all aspects. 

On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Eleven said:

The hilt (where you would hold the thing) is supposed to be the curve at the bottom, not the B.  I'm not sure what that B is doing at all.

We all realize the "S" at the bottom is the hilt.  It seems that the "B" is the curved hand guard that an epee would have.  Not sure why they chose to make it look like that because sabers don't have that hand guard that epees have just above the grip.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

We all realize the "S" at the bottom is the hilt.  It seems that the "B" is the curved hand guard that an epee would have.  Not sure why they chose to make it look like that because sabers don't have that hand guard that epees have just above the grip.

Even on an epee, it is just above the grip, as you say, and not some distance away.  And if that thing is supposed to be an S...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.