the 3 First Rounders in 2019

LGR4GM

2019 First Round Picks  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with the 3 first round picks we have in 2019? (assume none of them slide)

• Trade the 2 extra and just use the highest 1st round pick at the draft
    • Trade 1 of the picks in a package for an NHL player/Prospect
    • Package all 3 picks to get a player from a team needing to make moves
    • Keep all 3 picks and make them at the draft

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2018 at 03:59 AM

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Plucking a single counting stat to compare Bogosian to a premiere defensive defenseman, and then another injury-plagued defenseman who is better than Bogosian, is pretty weird. You've been doing some pretty weird player comparisons lately. 

Bogosian is pretty bad at hockey whether he can get to 20 points and 60 games or not.

Sorry, I tend to forget when I am trolling Blue others might also take the bait. ?

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Four times? Doesn’t seem like a bad ratio,

Niik Hjalmarsson has only done it twice in his 12-year career and brian Doumoulin never in five years. Theyve won cups.

Chris Tanev once in his 8-year career and Canuck fans think he’s worth Reinhart straight across.

?

Hjalmarsson and Tanev are light years ahead of Bogosian defensively. Bogo is a defensive liability that doesn't score. Basically, he's Beaulieu without the possession metrics to hang your hat on. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Hjalmarsson and Tanev are light years ahead of Bogosian defensively. Bogo is a defensive liability that doesn't score. Basically, he's Beaulieu without the possession metrics to hang your hat on. 

Bogo makes some terrible decisions with the puck (and his feet) in the d-zone.    While he has the tools to contribute offensively, he's a liability in his own zone no matter how you look at it. 

16 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Looking at our roster, it's certainly a realistic possibility. What we know about the roster is it's bad. Some of the unknown commodities producing better than expected can certainly rise our fortunes, and that's absolutely possible. Of course, they also may not, and if they don't then we're definitely looking at being one of the worst teams in the league. 

Jesus True.  I can handle Randall being so negative but I can't have you in the dark place.  I just can't......

5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Bogo makes some terrible decisions with the puck (and his feet) in the d-zone.    While he has the tools to contribute offensively, he's a liability in his own zone no matter how you look at it. 

His terrible decisions aren't limited to defense, either. Big part of the reason his physical tools don't translate to more offense is his cement block of a brain. 

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

Jesus True.  I can handle Randall being so negative but I can't have you in the dark place.  I just can't......

See, I'm actually pretty optimistic about the team long term because of the next wave of kids. It's just that looking at this year, I think it's a lot more likely to be ugly than fun. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

His terrible decisions aren't limited to defense, either. Big part of the reason his physical tools don't translate to more offense is his cement block of a brain. 

See, I'm actually pretty optimistic about the team long term because of the next wave of kids. It's just that looking at this year, I think it's a lot more likely to be ugly than fun.

That's pretty much where I'm at & will be ok w/ that 84 point season as expected IF Housley is actually moving pieces around once it becomes obvious his 1st pass isn't working.  (If somehow it IS working, cool, but that's not this kid's expectation.)  If Housley wastes the last 40 games this year, like the last 20 were wasted last year, then the expectation is that Liger won't be the only one hysterically ranting.  That will need to be a large boat to hold us all.

6 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I agree and I decided to be a glass is half full guy going into this season.  I just hope it lasts into January.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:46 PM, Taro T said:

That's pretty much where I'm at & will be ok w/ that 84 point season as expected IF Housley is actually moving pieces around once it becomes obvious his 1st pass isn't working.  (If somehow it IS working, cool, but that's not this kid's expectation.)  If Housley wastes the last 40 games this year, like the last 20 were wasted last year, then the expectation is that Liger won't be the only one hysterically ranting.  That will need to be a large boat to hold us all.

Image result for photographs of the titanic sinking

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

You guys are funny haha. I suppose at this point theres a lot of that misery loves company attitude with this team. Having endured years of poor play from both the Bills & Sabres, its like we all need one big group hug... or alcohol, maybe both! I'll tell ya what though. If we do suck this year, at least we'll suck differently than last year. We'll suck in different ways & that in itself is reason for optimism! Because man, last year was brutal. For the 1st time in my life I found myself unable to watch our games. NHL.com's twitter feed would have links of condensed games. They'd squeeze a whole game into 7 or 8 minutes, only showing a play of substance, so i would just watch them that way. I found keeping track of the team that way was less painful.

Hopefully this year our compete level will be higher & our fundamentals will be more sound. With the additions we've made this offseason thats pretty much what i'm looking for, even if we still suck in the standings. I still see this season as the glass is half full. I like where this team is headed, even if its gonna take a few more years to truly get there.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it just depends on what happens this year.  If the right deal comes a long to add a young piece for a cap team and we can also move on from someone, then do it.  Otherwise continue to purge it and bring in additional depth. 

Adding as much talent as possible is the key!

On 7/17/2018 at 12:50 PM, Hoss said:

I voted keep all three. I’m open to anything, but the hope is we’re about to have a surge of expensive deals. Eichel’s already on one, Mittelstadt hopefully earns one in two years and Dahlin hopefully does in three. Reinhart right now.

The best and most sustainable franchises are able to supplement their expensive talent with quality young prospects. Three first round picks is a ton to restock the cupboard, so to speak. And we don’t really have much in the pipeline right now.

I voted trade 2 and keep high pick but I agree with this as well. We do need some more nhl ready talent tho.

19 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I think it just depends on what happens this year.  If the right deal comes a long to add a young piece for a cap team and we can also move on from someone, then do it.  Otherwise continue to purge it and bring in additional depth. 

Adding as much talent as possible is the key!

That might be the key and why it will be tough to trade the picks for useful pieces:  Maybe JBot is firm in that you can't get a draft pick without taking a Girgs or Larry type player.

Edited by Doohickie

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I believe there might be one sliding to 2020.    just have a gut feeling about SJS or STL , mostly the blues.

In the West I only really see one “lock” and that’s Nashville. That’s being very conservative, I know, but I’m not incredibly confident a lot of these teams can repeat their performances from last year. I’m skeptical about Winnipeg keeping it up but do see them as very near a lock. I don’t see Vegas being anywhere in the realm they were. Minnesota has been treading water and may have gotten worse (can they expect 40 goals from Eric Staal again?). Anaheim is in that same boat.

I think the main threats to San Jose and St. Louis are the up and comers or bounce back teams like Colorado, Dallas, Calgary, Edmonton and maybe even Chicago.

I see at least one of them being locked in (feel better about San Jose who is maybe the second best team in the West.

At this moment I think the West is a pretty clear top three of Nashville, San Jose and Winnipeg then ???

1. Nashville

2. San Jose

3. Winnipeg

4. Calgary

5. Anaheim

6. Colorado

7. Minnesota

8. St. Louis

Edmonton/LA/Dallas

I have very little confidence beyond the top three.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.