the 3 First Rounders in 2019

LGR4GM

2019 First Round Picks  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with the 3 first round picks we have in 2019? (assume none of them slide)

• Trade the 2 extra and just use the highest 1st round pick at the draft
    • Trade 1 of the picks in a package for an NHL player/Prospect
    • Package all 3 picks to get a player from a team needing to make moves
    • Keep all 3 picks and make them at the draft

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/19/2018 at 03:59 AM

1 hour ago, N S said:

Just wait until he is drafted first overall by The Great Satan.  Some way, some how, you know that is going to happen.

NS, I like you but man, you can **** off with that nonsense!  How can they win the draft lottery and have the cup parade already drawn up in the same season??

• Like (+1) 1

Out side  of the top 10 picks I still believe that it's not the pick that matters, but the number of picks.

They are all very knowledgeable (scouts, GMs) and given more chances to succeed they will succeed. A good GM gives himself lots of chances to succeed by acquiring the highest draft picks and many of them, that GM will be the most successful.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, jsb said:

Or you can end up with Bogosian, Zachary Senyshyn and Jakub Zboril and find yourself fired.

It all depends on how good a job you do picking

In all honesty, that is probably more likely. The odds are probably against landing great players. But I'd guess the odds of keeping the picks and being successful are better than trading them away for players. If that makes any sense. 

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Out side  of the top 10 picks I still believe that it's not the pick that matters, but the number of picks.

They are all very knowledgeable (scouts, GMs) and given more chances to succeed they will succeed. A good GM gives himself lots of chances to succeed by acquiring the highest draft picks and many of them, that GM will be the most successful.

Yes, increasing the odds 

12 minutes ago, Derrico said:

NS, I like you but man, you can **** off with that nonsense!  How can they win the draft lottery and have the cup parade already drawn up in the same season??

Trust me.  They will find a way.

And what's with the **** stuff?  Did you not get the memo?  Every poster needs to manually insert the #### signs to make it easier for me to read.

44 minutes ago, N S said:

Trust me.  They will find a way.

And what's with the **** stuff?  Did you not get the memo?  Every poster needs to manually insert the #### signs to make it easier for me to read.

I was never good at following directions :)

Edit - Ask my wife ha.

Edited by Derrico

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

On the contrary, I'm evaluating Botterill starting last spring, as he likely has control of seasons 3-7 of Jack's career, which needs to be taken advantage of as fully as possible. 

And if those season aren't taken advantage of, look at the bright side- imagine how many 1st rounders we could get dealing Eichel ?

Ideally I think I'd like to see Botteril package our pick with one of the other high picks (and perhaps other considerations depending where we pick) to move up and take one of the premier wingers in the draft (I have no idea of any prospective draft lists outside of Hughes).

This of course depends on how we come out of this season. Our UFAs next season are Pommers & Moulson...so I'm expecting zero speculation of us hawking our UFAs at the deadline, or us being active at the deadline at all. If we're on the bubble, I can't imagine Botts will be a rental player buyer so I'm not concerned with him dealing any of the 1st rounds near the deadline to potentailly get a rental to push us over the edge to get into the playoffs and destroyed in the first round.

If the season starts out looking like things are going downhill fast, I hope he makes a trade to address the slide. The past few seasons they've started in a hole and the GMs did nothing to address the problem. I don't want the season to be over by mid-november.

I'd also be comfortable with him trading a pick or two to a cap-squeezed team but the return would have to hlep us more than it would them.

Or he can pick all 3.

At the end of the day, by any combination, he needs to turn 3 1st round picks into at least 1 elite winger.

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is this the stark reality we are facing?  Another epic run to last place? I don't know if my psyche can handle it. 

No I would say high 80 point range would be my guesstimate, don't worry be happy sir.

36 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is this the stark reality we are facing?  Another epic run to last place? I don't know if my psyche can handle it. 

Don't sweat it dude. Imagine how good they'll be after another 6 or 7 top 3 picks.

I’m kind of expecting this season to be kinda like the first Eichel year - 80ish points and a sense we are getting better.

And one of the main reasons will be - like 2016 - Zach Bogosian will play 60-70 games and score 20-plus points.

?

Edited by dudacek

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

Looking at our roster, it's certainly a realistic possibility. What we know about the roster is it's bad. Some of the unknown commodities producing better than expected can certainly rise our fortunes, and that's absolutely possible. Of course, they also may not, and if they don't then we're definitely looking at being one of the worst teams in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m kind of expecting this season to be kinda like the first Eichel year - 80ish points and a sense we are getting better.

And one of the main reasons will be - like 2016 - Zach Bogosian will play 60-70 games and score 20-plus points.

?

Even joking about this makes me think you've been hitting the sauce. 

13 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Bogosian has played over 60 games and scored 20+ points only 4 times in his 10-year career. 

Four times? Doesn’t seem like a bad ratio,

Niik Hjalmarsson has only done it twice in his 12-year career and brian Doumoulin never in five years. Theyve won cups.

Chris Tanev once in his 8-year career and Canuck fans think he’s worth Reinhart straight across.

?

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Four time? Doesn’t seem like a bad ratio,

Niik Hjalmarsson has only done it twice in his 12-year career and brian Doumoulin never in five years. Theyve won cups.

Chris Tanev once in his 8-year career and Canuck fans think he’s worth Reinhart straight across.

Plucking a single counting stat to compare Bogosian to a premiere defensive defenseman, and then another injury-plagued defenseman who is better than Bogosian, is pretty weird. You've been doing some pretty weird player comparisons lately. 

Bogosian is pretty bad at hockey whether he can get to 20 points and 60 games or not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.