Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hoss

Sabres sign Bailey to a one-year deal

Recommended Posts

SABRES INK BAILEY


BUFFALO, N.Y. (July 15, 2018) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has signed forward Justin Bailey to a one-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $715,000.

 

Bailey (6’4”, 214 lbs., 7/1/1995) recorded a career-high three goals and added one assist in 12 NHL games during his third professional season in 2017-18. He also appeared in 37 AHL games for the Rochester Americans, where he finished with 15 points (10+5) and a plus-3 rating before adding two goals in three AHL playoff contests.

 

A native of Buffalo, New York, Bailey was drafted by the Sabres in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft. During his three-year professional career, Bailey has recorded eight points (5+3) in 52 NHL games and 96 points (53+43) in 159 AHL games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith should be next, leaving a clear field for Sam Reinhart contract negotiations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Botterill with the prove it contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

Botterill with the prove it contracts

I mean, I don't believe any other team would give anything else to these guys nor would the players expect anything different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray would have. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why people seem surprised that guys who have yet to establish themselves as NHLers are signing their one-year qualifying offers. Isn’t that in the best interests of both parties?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t know why people seem surprised that guys who have yet to establish themselves as NHLers are signing their one-year qualifying offers. Isn’t that in the best interests of both parties?

Yup 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don’t know why people seem surprised that guys who have yet to establish themselves as NHLers are signing their one-year qualifying offers. Isn’t that in the best interests of both parties?

Who is surprised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, inkman said:

Who is surprised?

Maybe surprised is the wrong word. People were remarking about the term of perhaps being indicative of a lack of faith in the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Maybe surprised is the wrong word. People were remarking about the term of perhaps being indicative of a lack of faith in the players.

I would say that lack of faith is exactly what we are seeing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I would say that lack of faith is exactly what we are seeing here.

Did you think an unproven player was going to get a multi-year deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bold prediction is Bailey pots 20 goals this season, rapidly rising from the bottom 6 to the top 6.     Hear me now, believe me later... haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Did you think an unproven player was going to get a multi-year deal?

If the GM had faith in his ability to make the squad going forward, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

My bold prediction is Bailey pots 20 goals this season, rapidly rising from the bottom 6 to the top 6.     Hear me now, believe me later... haha.

If his head has caught up to his feet then maybe. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×