PSE Taking Over Operations of Blue Cross Arena

Brawndo

On 7/13/2018 at 10:51 PM, Ogre said:

The BCA is an outdated relic. Anyone notice that there are very few non sporting events being held there anymore. The ceiling is too low to accommodate the rigging and sound requirements of most modern shows.

How many tenants pay their rent? Amerks and? 

I hope city council realizes sooner than later that it needs to be sold to someone who has the funds to level it and build something modern enough to draw in enough shows to make money.

Are there many newer arenas around the league?  Admittedly it's a short list, but every AHL arena I've been to falls into the outdated relic category.  I'd be curious to see what the modern mid-sized arena looks like.  Does it wind up being more like what Pegula built for Penn State?  I haven't personally been there but I know the building it's modeled after.  I feel like you still run into the restrictions from the roof height there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.