PSE Taking Over Operations of Blue Cross Arena

Brawndo

Per WHAM 13

Starting August 1st they will take over all aspects of the daily operations of Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, Home of the Amerks and Rochester KnightHawks of the NLL.

There is also a rumor that the NLL would allow the Pegulas to own two teams and purchase the KnightHawks from their present owner. 

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per WHAM 13

Starting August 1st they will take over all aspects of the daily operations of Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, Home of the Amerks and Rochester KnightHawks of the NLL.

There is also a rumor that the NLL would allow the Pegulas to own two teams and purchase the KnightHawks from their present owner. 

Really thought that PSE took the operation over last year.   Maybe that was when they started making their pitch to the city & am just "mis-remembering" it?  

50 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really thought that PSE took the operation over last year.   Maybe that was when they started making their pitch to the city & am just "mis-remembering" it?  

Here is the article, it’s an interim basis until the end of year, with the goal of an extension being negotiated during that time. 

PSE will pay Rochester 5,000 per month 

http://13wham.com/news/local/bills-sabres-owners-to-become-interim-managers-of-blue-cross-arena

I’m glad PSE is taking over. My wife is at RBTL and met with city officials the other day to discuss taking over party in the park and the arena. She’s cool running it for two weeks but taking over permanently was freaking her out. She’s already stretched thin. No way she could do two venues. 

Next step, sell the building to Uncle Terry.

I feel bad for the two dudes I know that were there with SMG. Good guys that are now suddenly unemployed.

The BCA is an outdated relic. Anyone notice that there are very few non sporting events being held there anymore. The ceiling is too low to accommodate the rigging and sound requirements of most modern shows.

How many tenants pay their rent? Amerks and? 

I hope city council realizes sooner than later that it needs to be sold to someone who has the funds to level it and build something modern enough to draw in enough shows to make money.

9 hours ago, Ogre said:

The BCA is an outdated relic. Anyone notice that there are very few non sporting events being held there anymore. The ceiling is too low to accommodate the rigging and sound requirements of most modern shows.

How many tenants pay their rent? Amerks and? 

I hope city council realizes sooner than later that it needs to be sold to someone who has the funds to level it and build something modern enough to draw in enough shows to make money.

The only people who would fund a new arena is the Pegulas. Either they do it or don’t, I’d guess not. The city certainly doesn’t have the money. 

57 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve been trying to figure out what this means. 

Maybe you could enlighten me?

Housley's wife running for Governor or senator or something in Minnesota.

Edited by Weave

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’ve been trying to figure out what this means. 

Maybe you could enlighten me?

There's a thread somewhere wherein someone implied that the Sabres hired Housley only because his wife (a Minnesota state senator running for US Senate) has political beliefs which appeal to the Pegulas.

Edited by Eleven

Two different political parties, I highly doubt it. 

16 hours ago, Eleven said:

There's a thread somewhere wherein someone implied that the Sabres hired Housley only because his wife (a Minnesota state senator running for US Senate) has political beliefs which appeal to the Pegulas.

10 minutes ago, DirtDart said:

Two different political parties, I highly doubt it. 

The arena’s husband is a different political party?

It was a humorous post.  I doubt the arena is 1. Married and 2. Registered with a political party.

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

The arena’s husband is a different political party?

It was a humorous post.  I doubt the arena is 1. Married and 2. Registered with a political party.

The Op's comment was about Housleys wife, not the arena. And yes, I get the jest. 

Edited by DirtDart

37 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Actually, my original comment was about the arena.

Actually, I was replying to this comment you made. I am pretty sure it was apparent. 

There's a thread somewhere wherein someone implied that the Sabres hired Housley only because his wife (a Minnesota state senator running for US Senate) has political beliefs which appeal to the Pegulas.

Didn't realize you all got as irratiable as the TBD crew. My bad. The point being seeing they support different political parties not sure there is much appeal other than respect for what Phil actually brings to the table, not his political affiliations. 

Edited by DirtDart

16 hours ago, DirtDart said:

Actually, I was replying to this comment you made. I am pretty sure it was apparent. 

There's a thread somewhere wherein someone implied that the Sabres hired Housley only because his wife (a Minnesota state senator running for US Senate) has political beliefs which appeal to the Pegulas.

Didn't realize you all got as irratiable as the TBD crew. My bad. The point being seeing they support different political parties not sure there is much appeal other than respect for what Phil actually brings to the table, not his political affiliations. 

Best of luck to you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.