Playoff Drought ULTIMATE JAG WARRIOR: Snuggerud Division

Eleven

Playoff Drought ULTIMATE JAG WARRIOR: Snuggerud Division  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the ultimate JAGS in this division? Top four advance to the playoffs. There will be four divisions. PLEASE VOTE FOR NO MORE THAN THREE.

• Chris Stewart
    • Cody McCormick
    • Brian Flynn
    • Adam Pardy
    • Phil Varone
    • Zac Dalpe
    • Tyson Strachan

There's no way to limit the number of choices, but I'm asking, to keep it fun, that everyone vote for no more than three.  Remember that a true "Just Another Guy" isn't a bad player; it's a player who's just another guy.

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Flynn is the epitome of JAG.

Without looking, does anyone know his current status or what he’s done since leaving here?

Left Montreal as a free agent last season.  Signed with Dallas and after camp was assigned to their AHL team for the season.  For this upcoming season he has signed a 2-way 1 year deal with St. Louis.

It appears he is in the AHL, where all good JAGs end up.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't know how anyone could *not* vote for Cody McCormick.

McCormick was a 4th line grinder who knew his role, and was on the team for multiple years. I believe he was forced into retirement by blood clots, right?

We traded for Stewart, which means we at least believe he had some value, so I couldn't vote for him.

I voted for Stranchen the stanchion , Adam Pardy (did he play defense, i can barely recall who this is) and Dalpe.

40 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure that a guy who has played 652 NHL games can be considered JAG.

If he did nothing in 652 NHL games to distinguish himself, I'd think he's the very definition!  But everyone's opinion is different; that's why we're doing this...

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Thorny said:

Only voted once, because the right answer is clearly Flynn.

The name Flynn even sounds like JAG. Across any sport. 

Jag NFL QB? Flynn is your man. 

Brian Flynn, JAG. NHL

Matty Flynn -- not just a guy. He holds the Packers record for most TDs and passing yards in a single game. And he nearly beat the Patriots in Foxborough in 2010 when Rodgers was out, which was when it became clear to me that that team could crush people once Rodgers got back (and they did beginning the very next week).

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yes. And he got like $12 million guaranteed from Seattle because he threw for 400 yards in one game as a Packer. That one games was week 17 and against backups, but hey, GMs are desperate for QBs. 

It's a beautiful thing, being a backup NFL QB. That Packers-Lions game was awesome. (I just looked it up on PFR to confirm a few things, but the stat I liked the best was the Over/Under of 42.0 on account of the Packers resting Rodgers. --- Take the over! Packers 45, Lions 41.)

The Packers were 14-1 and auditioning Flynn for his foray into free agency with the stellar offense; the Lions were 10-5 and still trying to improve playoff seeding so Stafford played the whole game. Good times. But Flynn's best games were on the road in NE (loss notwithstanding) and the epic comeback against Dallas in 2013 where the Cowboys inexplicably stopped running the ball once they were up big.

Edit: More on topic, because I know ya'll must love hearing about the Packers...   Chris Stewart also is an interesting JAG. He's got all the physical tools, but hasn't ever done anything. In his prime you'd say top-6 power forward. He's got an absurdly high career shooting percentage, except of course when he played as a SabreTank when he was at 9%. He'd be a JAG if he weren't just a disappointment.

Edited by DarthEbriate

Any room for Danny O'Regan or is there some sore of minimum games or minimum numbers of months/years you need to be with the organization before this honor can be bestowed upon them? Or is it like the hall of fame where we have to wait until they've moved on to even become eligible.

6 minutes ago, Alkoholist said:

Any room for Danny O'Regan or is there some sore of minimum games or minimum numbers of months/years you need to be with the organization before this honor can be bestowed upon them? Or is it like the hall of fame where we have to wait until they've moved on to even become eligible.

O'Regan's cup of coffee isn't enough to crack my 28-player league.

Time to lock this one.  The Sutton Division opens on Thursday!

EDIT:  Flynn, McCormick, Varone, and Strachan have advanced.  I can't seem to figure out how to lock this.  I'll ask the question in the new software questions area.

Edited by Eleven