Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think I want to start a Thing.

Everyone should mail a rock to 1600 Pennsylvania so he has material with which to build his wall.

I just don't know how to make this take off.

30 years ago today the Berlin Wall fell and the world all cheered.  It was a Republican victory of sorts that led to the wall coming down.  Today the leader of the very same party has regular temper tantrums because he can't get his wall built. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So basically our Democracy is going to come down to the Supreme Court with 2 Trump judges deciding on if there is immunity from congressional subpoenas. 

I wouldn't worry about Gorsuch or Kavanaugh demonstrating some sort of fierce loyalty to Trump.  My money would say that they'll be pretty strict constitutionalists.

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

I wouldn't worry about Gorsuch or Kavanaugh demonstrating some sort of fierce loyalty to Trump.  My money would say that they'll be pretty strict constitutionalists.

Well that's certainly not in the Constitution and would break the oversight function of Congress but my faith is shaken. 

19 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's understandable.  I still think they'll do what's right.  SC justices tend not to give a ***** about who appointed them, once they're appointed.

Did you read how the DACA decision is coming down? They may not care who appointed them but McConnell deliberately stopped Obama's nominee so the Supreme Court would favor conservatives for as long as possible. That was the Endgame. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Did you read how the DACA decision is coming down? They may not care who appointed them but McConnell deliberately stopped Obama's nominee so the Supreme Court would favor conservatives for as long as possible. That was the Endgame. 

I did.  They still have their political views, of course, but they tend not to be beholden to the president who appointed them.  Any conservative is going to be against DACA.  But I also think that any conservative is going to guard against the expansion of presidential power---no matter who the president is.  And yes, that is what McConnell did and shame on the Democrats for putting in the mechanism that let him get away with it. Short-sighted thinking.

S sSo the official white house Twitter feed has become a propaganda factory. We're in a major constitutional crisis right now.

Where's nfreeman to come tell us not to worry Trump won't be that bad? We have witnesses intimidation, quid pro quo, bribery, and a complicit list of senators and congressmen backing up the liar that is Trump.

When he loses the election, watch him call it illegitimate and refuse to step down. Then watch his sycophants in Congress back that.

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

S sSo the official white house Twitter feed has become a propaganda factory. We're in a major constitutional crisis right now.

Where's nfreeman to come tell us not to worry Trump won't be that bad? We have witnesses intimidation, quid pro quo, bribery, and a complicit list of senators and congressmen backing up the liar that is Trump.

When he loses the election, watch him call it illegitimate and refuse to step down. Then watch his sycophants in Congress back that.

Why do you think he shut down political discussion shortly after the election?

These hearings are something. The amount of mental gymnastics being attempted by the Republican side is breathtaking to watch. They have gone from Trump didn't do anything wrong, to you can't prove Trump was the one who did the wrong thing. Trump will be impeached and then he won't be removed from office but this has laid bare the complete lack of ethics of multiple members of congress. 

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

These hearings are something. The amount of mental gymnastics being attempted by the Republican side is breathtaking to watch. They have gone from Trump didn't do anything wrong, to you can't prove Trump was the one who did the wrong thing. Trump will be impeached and then he won't be removed from office but this has laid bare the complete lack of ethics of multiple members of congress. 

And yet they will get re-elected because they supported party over country.

4 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

And yet they will get re-elected because they supported party over country.

These guys are starting to sweat. Their party is in trouble in 2020. I live in an area with a high density of Republicans and see more and more of them turn their heads from politics. The ones that are not turning their heads are switching parties or flat out supporting the Democratic candidate. I attended a fundraiser for Nate McMurray last fall and half the crowd was lifelong Republicans. I drive by properties that have ALWAYS had Republican yard signs and they are either bare or have signs supporting the Dem. It’s a bizarre sight. 

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

These guys are starting to sweat. Their party is in trouble in 2020. I live in an area with a high density of Republicans and see more and more of them turn their heads from politics. The ones that are not turning their heads are switching parties or flat out supporting the Democratic candidate. I attended a fundraiser for Nate McMurray last fall and half the crowd was lifelong Republicans. I drive by properties that have ALWAYS had Republican yard signs and they are either bare or have signs supporting the Dem. It’s a bizarre sight. 

Interesting.  I live in the core of that district.  I see the core here digging in. 

41 minutes ago, Weave said:

Interesting.  I live in the core of that district.  I see the core here digging in. 

The campaign warned about a bubble out that way. In a district where the Republicans have a roughly 40,000 voter advantage, it was  a bummer to see Nate lose by the 1,087 votes that he lost by. That’s out of 285,278 votes cast. He’s had a huge showing of support from Republicans here in my town. I’m not suggesting that there’s been that large of a defection, I’m sure a lot of Republicans stayed home rather than cast a vote for a soon to be felon. What sort of support are you seeing out there lately?

On a related note, the Trump flags and home made signs(haven’t seen an actual campaign produced yard signs yet)have been coming down. More so in the last few weeks.