Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Should Trump be impeached and removed (removal bans if from running again and strips him of pension and other benefits is my understanding)?

Yes for me.  He has done things for his own personal benefit that are against the interests of the country.  Is there a word for someone who does that?

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Should Trump be impeached and removed (removal bans if from running again and strips him of pension and other benefits is my understanding)?

Yes. It makes the (false) argument of a stolen election moot, as well.

If you want to know what dystopian hellscape Trump and his sycophants want, read the 1776 Commission. I have never read anything that reaches such a level of racist propaganda since I studied the literal Nazis in WWII. I don't mean that hyperbolically, I mean the level of propaganda and complete bastardization of history in the 1776 commission "report" is on the same level as the Nazis. Rewrite history so you are the hero, use racist language to demonize "the others", openly lie about how your way makes things better, tie in the religion you believe in, suggest the only way forward is for society to bend to your will. It is a disgusting lie that would have you believe the US was not founded using slavery but that the US was always on the path to removing slavery and it wasn't that bad. It is racist propaganda written by white nationalists. The writers should be shunned, canceled, and otherwise banished. Absolutely grotesque. 

It is truly the last disgusting gasp of a regime that should be remembered by history as a racist authoritarian nightmare, forced on the US by tapping into our deepest and darkest. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/18/politics/1776-commission-report-donald-trump/index.html

Don't take my word for it though. Here is the report and let me just say when they open with this "comprised of some of America’s most distinguished scholars and historians—has released a report presenting a definitive chronicle of the American founding, a powerful description of the effect the principles of the Declaration of Independence have had on this Nation’s history, and a dispositive rebuttal of reckless “re-education” attempts that seek to reframe American history around the idea that the United States is not an exceptional country but an evil one." you know that it is going to be racist propaganda. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/1776-commission-takes-historic-scholarly-step-restore-understanding-greatness-american-founding/

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 2:22 AM, drnkirishone said:

Every time I watch this, I am amazed, absolutely amazed, at the production quality.  And Shuler Hensley would have made a better Javert than Russell Crowe (although he would not have driven the box receipts).  Crowe can't sing in the bass range with the confidence Hensley has here.  It's almost too bad that I can't share it with a lot of friends just because of the political nature of it.

I am amazed that Republican's have argued that 1) they are the party of person responsibility and 2) that they can't convict Trump because he is already out of office... 

I will never in my life vote for a member of the GOP. On January 6th 2021, they no longer were a via political party I could in good conscience vote for as they dragged their lies and insurrection literally into the capitol. 

On 1/19/2021 at 10:04 AM, Sabel79 said:

Yeah, if I were tasked with editing this thing, I’d yell at everyone involved for wasting thousands of words when they could have summed it up with, you know, fourteen. 

I presume you mean the 14 on the Anti-Defamation League site?

• 5 months later...

Seems proof of Frump pressuring the DOJ to help with his coup is coming out 7 months later.

Notes from a call with the DOJ in December. DoJ told Frump we can't and won't change the outcome of an election. Frump responded that he didn't expect them to change it, just say it is corrupt and leave the rest to him and his Republican congressmen

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, drnkirishone said:

So... how we all feeling about the Frump presidency today?

Trump is yet again a traitor to his country. The lies coming from his republican allies just reinforce what a morally bereft group of power hungry fascists they have become. 

Fbi agents being doxxed. Calls for civil war. Fbi field office attacked. 

Trump is the worst president in modern history and should be reviled by all Americans. He'd use the constitution for toilet paper if allowed to. He's a sociopath and narcissist. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/13/2022 at 9:20 PM, LGR4GM said:

Trump is yet again a traitor to his country. The lies coming from his republican allies just reinforce what a morally bereft group of power hungry fascists they have become. 

Fbi agents being doxxed. Calls for civil war. Fbi field office attacked. 

Trump is the worst president in modern history and should be reviled by all Americans. He'd use the constitution for toilet paper if allowed to. He's a sociopath and narcissist. 

*Modern* history? I think he's pushing for worst in history. Probably worse than several English Kings before 1776, for that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MattPie said:

*Modern* history? I think he's pushing for worst in history. Probably worse than several English Kings before 1776, for that matter.

In my opinion, he was/is the greatest threat to the Constitution that we have seen, maybe since the Civil war, and certainly since McCarthyism.

I was/am quite proud (as an American) that it held up. Lets hope it keeps holding on.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

In my opinion, he was/is the greatest threat to the Constitution that we have seen, maybe since the Civil war, and certainly since McCarthyism.

I was/am quite proud (as an American) that it held up. Lets hope it keeps holding on.

It aint over.  Trump might be over, but the movement he got rolling is just getting started.  Unless alot of people are in prison prior to the next group of Congress is seated this is gonna get worse.

• Like (+1) 1