Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I am amazed at the loyalists thanking Trump for standing up for "freedom" instead of recognizing it for what it really was, an attempt to strong arm an election he didn't win.  I don't understand it at all.  He said in plain speech that he wants GA to "find" enough votes to change the results, not find the fraud.  Find the votes.  This is surreal.

Where the hell are Republicans in Congress speaking out regarding this?  Either come out of the shadows and show your support for it or denounce it for what it is.  Spineless.

If Watergate happened today Nixon would be commended for doing what needed to be done.

The Republicans are in an abusive relationship with a cult leader. You can't question or attack dear leader

• Like (+1) 1

Just flamed out a group text over this. Guy brought up how he questions the vote in Pennsylvania and I lost it. So sick and tired of losing  = cheating in their tiny narcissistic hell-scape. They joined a cult but I sure as hell don't have too. 

What does everyone thing about the potential of the Trump rise and presidency to truly fracture and damage the Republican Party?  Especially if Donald/Don Jr. try to stay in the political spotlight long term.

If a sizable segment of the electorate (and elected officials) continue to put pressure on the rest to support conspiracy theory nonsense (and/or Machiavellian mindset), I can’t see how they can stay on the same page.  I honestly feel that this has opened a divide within the party.  

11 hours ago, Weave said:

I ask again, by what mechanism can voters demand better candidates?

Well to start they can refocus their energy.  I didn’t see thousands of people on the right or left pissed off enough to hold massive protests in 2016 when all we got was Trump and HRC.  We have time to protest and counter protest statues and COVID masks but can’t seem to get off the couch when we get bad candidates.  Demand better before the election instead of waiting until after.

10 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Well to start they can refocus their energy.  I didn’t see thousands of people on the right or left pissed off enough to hold massive protests in 2016 when all we got was Trump and HRC.  We have time to protest and counter protest statues and COVID masks but can’t seem to get off the couch when we get bad candidates.  Demand better before the election instead of waiting until after.

You did see many protest when HRC was chosen over Bernie. It may not have been thousands but it was enough to hobble her in the general election. But what exactly is protesting the party candidates going to accomplish? If you lean right and you protest the Republicans you help the Democrats and the opposite if you lean left.

I know I am pessimistic by nature but I don't see any clear path for people to demand ***** from politicians when the status quo is rewarded, insulated, and groomed. Hell an argument can be made that the whole Frump presidency serves as a warning to the more radical factions of the democratic party to fall in line else it happens again

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Pro Trump rally goers have stormed the capital building forcing both sessions of congress to lock the doors and shelter in place. 

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

US Senate and US House of Reps is currently being evacuated as Pro Trump Protesters have stormed the Capital Building. 

@nfreeman remember this. 

I don't ****ing believe this.

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I don't ****ing believe this.

why? Frump has been inciting the very behavior we are seeing here for the past 5-6 years. No one should be surprised at what is happening. Words of hate have consequences.

Imagine how different the headlines would be right now if it was a BLM protest that stormed the House chamber

the Orange Man needs to be prosecuted after jan 20th. An example needs to be set for future presidents

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I feel crazy for saying so, but why hasn’t SS just started shooting?

This is an embarrassment and it feels like the end of something important.

Someone got shot.  Difficult environment and chance of hitting the wrong person.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Because the protesters are white.

No.  It’s called knowing your target and what lies beyond.

4 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Someone got shot.  Difficult environment and chance of hitting the wrong person.

The person who was shot, I don’t believe was by law enforcement.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, and I know it’s an extreme case by case basis, and also I wasn’t there.  The answer is probably as simple as they didn’t want a gunfight with a bunch of government elected officials right there.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Sure.

This is a straight up coup. Calling it anything else is a complicit lie. Look at the pictures of the capitol steps during the BLM protests. There were rows of armed riot officers. Today they had nothing, knowing there was an important vote and a rally right down the street. 

And Trump keeps lying and idiots keep eating it up. 

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Sure.

This is a straight up coup. Calling it anything else is a complicit lie. Look at the pictures of the capitol steps during the BLM protests. There were rows of armed riot officers. Today they had nothing, knowing there was an important vote and a rally right down the street. 

And Trump keeps lying and idiots keep eating it up. 

It wasn’t actually a coup, or coup attempt.  They had no plan or avenue to actually keep Trump in office.  They just broke in to yell, wave flags around, and take selfies as far as I can tell.

Agree with the bolded though.

19 minutes ago, Curt said:

It wasn’t actually a coup, or coup attempt.  They had no plan or avenue to actually keep Trump in office.  They just broke in to yell, wave flags around, and take selfies as far as I can tell.

Agree with the bolded though.

It was yet another salvo in one, though. It kept them from finishing counting the votes in GA and kept them from certifying the Electoral College results. Some of those “protesters” were in full combat gear with guns. It’s an ongoing attempted coup