Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Oh, I've given up on you on this issue.  It isn't worth the time.  We both know what you are doing; you simply are denying that you are doing it.

I'll give you this much:  You are considerably more polite than the people doing it in public.

Exactly.  There are flat-earthers, too, but that doesn't mean there's a genuine dispute as to the shape of the planet.

I have said the same thing everyone else on here said. Trump is disputing the election results and I don’t think it changes the outcome. Then I said it’s better to let this play out in the courts as opposed to people killing each other in the streets. One of my first post election posts I said I’d accept Biden as the POTUS and move on. Somehow you think that makes me a problem for the country.

I don’t know if you are just messing with me, or if there is some mental/emotional issue you have, or if you are looking to make enemies. Someone up thread mentioned you are letting your feelings toward Trump get in the way. Directing those feelings toward me on the internet doesn’t change reality. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Most of them have been ruled upon.  (See LTS's link.)  The ones that haven't, it's just a matter of time.  That doesn't make them genuine, it just means that it hasn't happened yet.  Just like the Earth always was round, but it took time to establish it as fact.

I will stand by my assertion that people who are fomenting division by claiming the election was illegitimate are harming the country.

The Earth being round is a very bad example and you know this.  The lawsuits that are in progress need to be ruled upon. It doesn't matter what you think the outcome will be. It matters what the outcome actually is.

For what it's worth, you have used the word illegitimate in this response. At no point did I see that used before.  The point being debated was whether the election was being disputed and if it was over. 

Everyone who has commented in opposition of your opinion have all said, Biden will be named the President.  I have not seen one person say otherwise. The argument has continued to be, it's disputed (it is) and it's not over (it's not).

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm "pretty sure" someone is.

Let's not be indirect, it really hinders conversation.  If you have "someone" in mind, please use their name.

5 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Time for you to accept reality and get help.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I'm not the one having trouble accepting reality, which is that Biden won the election.

Let's be done with this.  This is below the standards we want for this forum.  Healthy debate, even slightly heated is one thing.  This goes beyond that in my opinion.

(Sorry, it combined my posts).  This last comment was directed at the two quotes above.

Edited by LTS

53 minutes ago, LTS said:

The argument has continued to be, it's disputed (it is) and it's not over (it's not).

The correct argument is if this is an election is being rightfully disputed with legitimate evidence (it's not) or if it's being disputed only by a serial-liar and his subordinates who are utilizing wild conspiracy theories, obviously futile legal cases, and pressuring local election committees to throw out votes they don't like in order to subvert our democratic process (it is).

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, atoq said:

The correct argument is if this is an election is being rightfully disputed with legitimate evidence (it's not) or if it's being disputed only by a serial-liar and his subordinates who are utilizing wild conspiracy theories, obviously futile legal cases, and pressuring local election committees to throw out votes they don't like in order to subvert our democratic process (it is).

I forgot another way they are attempting to subvert the democratic process: leaning on partisan state legislators to completely ignore the election results in swing states https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-strategy/trumps-election-power-play-persuade-republican-legislators-to-do-what-u-s-voters-did-not-idUSKBN27Z30G?il=0

49 minutes ago, Curt said:

Its extremely unclear to me what the heck your issue is?

The issue is I said the same thing all of you did. Trump is disputing the election results. I never supported what he’s doing or even talked about Trump’s claims. I did say I am pretty sure Biden gets sworn in and people should let the courts decide because the alternative is not good.

Then I get told that I am part of the problem for saying the above. That was followed with multiple posts on here about the meaning of disputing the election. I asked him multiple times to clarify how I am part of some problem and received no explanation for the accusation. 

Finally I told him to accept reality (election is in dispute) and get help (baseless accusations that I am part of a national problem). 

If someone can identify where I supported or justified what is happening let me know. Likewise if anyone can identify where and how I am a part of a national problem. 

5 hours ago, atoq said:

I forgot another way they are attempting to subvert the democratic process: leaning on partisan state legislators to completely ignore the election results in swing states https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-strategy/trumps-election-power-play-persuade-republican-legislators-to-do-what-u-s-voters-did-not-idUSKBN27Z30G?il=0

He's having the head of Michigan's senate and house to the White House. Trump wants to tell them to cheat so he can win. This has reached insane levels of grift and it's clear we're in a crisis as the President abandons his duties to try and steal the election he lost. 

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It isn't in any genuine dispute and you are part of a national problem.  Accept reality and get help.  Flat-earthing is not good for anyone.

I would tone down the "get help" thing. It doesn't really move the conversation forward.

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

All I was looking for is clarification. 

I believe that legitimizing Trump has been a problem for this country since he first said he was running over four years ago.

It's no wonder that New Yorkers didn't fall for it. They've figured out this shyster long ago. Truth doesn't matter to him.

I really hope we can recover from him. I'v never thought that about any president in the past.

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

All I was looking for is clarification. 

@SwampD

Actually I’m not totally clear on the rules. How is it ok for one poster to attack another by accusing  them of being a national problem simply because they don’t agree with a word in a post?

Furthermore, other posters said the same thing but they don’t get attacked. That also makes no sense to me considering I’ve explained that in no way did I express support for or against what Trump is doing.

5 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

@SwampD

Actually I’m not totally clear on the rules. How is it ok for one poster to attack another by accusing  them of being a national problem simply because they don’t agree with a word in a post?

Furthermore, other posters said the same thing but they don’t get attacked. That also makes no sense to me considering I’ve explained that in no way did I express support for or against what Trump is doing.

It's not. Doesn't change the fact that it is a national problem, imho. And if the other posters got butt hurt about it and kept pushing back, I'm sure we'd be posting at them as well.😂

33 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I just don’t get the idea of taking someone’s BS. 

It's a message board. Does it really matter? W gives AF? Believe what you believe and move on. We're all just killing time here until we're dead, anyway.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And then there is this. Trump will pressure these lawmakers into rejecting a legal election in order to help him to a second term. We've reached the point where the acting President is attempting a coup. 

This is concerning.  It is outside of the intended process.  And it has a chance of succeeding. This is not democracy. 

We are witnessing a full Wizard of Oz moment.  The curtain has been pulled back and we can now see how tenuous the hold on democracy and rule of law really is.  I am genuinely concerned.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And then there is this. Trump will pressure these lawmakers into rejecting a legal election in order to help him to a second term. We've reached the point where the acting President is attempting a coup. 

Yeah, Trump and many within his administration are straight up traitors.   Actively, purposely harming the country for their own personal gain.  In the end, I still think this does not work, but it makes me absolutely sick.

This is also the reason that I feel like this isn’t over until the electoral votes are actually cast.  Trump is going to do everything he possibly can, with indifference to legality or morality, consequences be damned.