Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

17 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the concern here is the condoning of violence in the streets by the POTUS. I'll give you that one. That said ANTIFA is garbage both as a collective and as individuals. 

You are not wrong. This is not the only time this idiot has done this either. I don't care about Antifa. At best he's as bad as they are and at worst... well, that's saying something.

Trump has behaved as the single worst leader the United States has ever seen. I don't even know that anyone could make a reasonable argument otherwise. He's on par with the people we throw up in history books as "don't be this guy" to our kids.  Yet, somehow, people find a way to defend him. It's mind boggling.

25 minutes ago, LTS said:

You are not wrong. This is not the only time this idiot has done this either. I don't care about Antifa. At best he's as bad as they are and at worst... well, that's saying something.

Trump has behaved as the single worst leader the United States has ever seen. I don't even know that anyone could make a reasonable argument otherwise. He's on par with the people we throw up in history books as "don't be this guy" to our kids.  Yet, somehow, people find a way to defend him. It's mind boggling.

I’ll take it a step further.

It’s not enough to not defend him (I couldn’t make that sentence work without the double negative, sorry).  Trump is so awful in character that I think we are at the point where if you aren’t speaking up against him you are part of the problem.  How does that saying go? The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

AntiFa or any other group (left or right) will not be responsible or capable of physically removing a political official from a seat they refuse to vacate. Do you really think DC Police and Secret Service would let armed citizens bust in the door? That’s kind of what those guys with guns are there to prevent. 

I think we’ve been shown quite conclusively by the riots over the last few months that if the professionals with guns agree with your political affiliation they’ll be happy to simply watch you storm a government building.

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The value of 2A is that it identifies the right to bear arms and organize well regulated militias. The idea being if the government crossed a certain line the citizens would be able to organize and fight back. I don’t think we are at that point but I believe other people on both sides do think we are. My advice is to let this play out between now and January.

IMO anyone who advocates for violent removal/installation of a political figure at this point is emotionally unstable or does not possess the right experience to make that call. Then again my vision is limited like everyone else.

I think we are at a point where the idea of armed resistance to the US government is a fantasy.  In that regard 2A is obsolete.  You know very well the operational capabilities of our military and what they could do to armed resistance.

The only way the citizens come out on top of that is if the military is on the side of the civilian resistors, and in that case  the civilian guns aren’t  really the important ones.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/15/2020 at 10:24 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

My advice is to let this play out between now and January.

Let WHAT play out?  It's over. 

CBS reporting that Lindsey Graham wanted Georgia to throw out ballots:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-election-brad-raffensperger-lindsey-graham-throw-out-ballots/

This is non-partisan CBS.  Not CNN and not MSNBC.  Does CBS make mistakes?  Sure, everyone does.  But I'll take this to the bank.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:52 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

It’s something everyone has to wait and see. A lot can happen between now and January. If the FEC certifies Biden as they winner I think we will have a peaceful transition.

I don’t know how much you watch cable news but I’ve limited myself to watching for entertainment purposes only. Too much hype. I try to read articles more now and watch videos from people at these events.

Why wouldn't they certify the person who won the election as the winner? The only ones currently trying to steal the election are Republicans as evident by Lindsey Grahams attempts to interfere and the targeted lying from top republicans to make the delegitimize the results. The Republican "leadership" is a disgrace to this country. 

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why wouldn't they certify the person who won the election as the winner? The only ones currently trying to steal the election are Republicans as evident by Lindsey Grahams attempts to interfere and the targeted lying from top republicans to make the delegitimize the results. The Republican "leadership" is a disgrace to this country. 

Well, the results haven’t been certified yet and it doesn’t look like they will be any time soon. I didn’t say anything about Republicans. All I said was I don’t think this thing ends any time soon and if it’s Biden I think we have a peaceful transition.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Well, the results haven’t been certified yet and it doesn’t look like they will be any time soon. I didn’t say anything about Republicans. All I said was I don’t think this thing ends any time soon and if it’s Biden I think we have a peaceful transition.

It only doesn't end any time soon because Trump is a spoiled 5 year old.

California doesn't have to certify until December 11th. That doesn't change the fact that Trump lost there.

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

There is no if. You mean when. 

Most States will certify in the coming weeks... strange I never heard this when Trump won in 2016.

I mentioned Republicans because they are the ones specifically saying the election of fraudulent without proof.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

There is no if. You mean when. 

Most States will certify in the coming weeks... strange I never heard this when Trump won in 2016.

I mentioned Republicans because they are the ones specifically saying the election of fraudulent without proof.

Relax. I’m pretty sure Biden gets the Oval Office. I don’t think he’ll be a unifier of the country but it is what it is. 

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Relax. I’m pretty sure Biden gets the Oval Office. I don’t think he’ll be a unifier of the country but it is what it is. 

He won't be a unifier because people like you are "pretty sure" he won the election.

You are the problem, not Biden.

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He won't be a unifier because people like you are "pretty sure" he won the election.

You are the problem, not Biden.

Biden won’t be a unifier because some on the right will continue to dispute the election and some will not agree with his policies. Some on the left may think his policies are not progressive enough to counter Trump’s. From Obama to Trump the pendulum swung pretty far. I think there are those on the left who will expect Biden to have an equal but opposite reaction to Trump which may not happen. Essentially the state of polarization on so many fronts is going to make it insurmountable for him IMO.

Never once did I say he did not win. However I think the process with the courts is going to make this take longer than normal. Nobody knows for sure how that ends but I think he still gets sworn in. 

The discussion I had above turned into armed conflict because of the election which is why I said my advice is to let it play out (as opposed to people killing each other).

I hope this clears up any miscommunication with what I was trying to say. But since you came at me like that for no reason let me respond.

There is a segment of this country which is emotionally frail. They lash out when others don’t agree or don’t say things exactly how they want. If you are looking for what contributes to division look in the mirror. Before you attempt to lecture me, which honestly means nothing at this point, remember you fired the first shot. 

13 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

There is a segment of this country which is emotionally frail. They lash out when others don’t agree or don’t say things exactly how they want. If you are looking for what contributes to division look in the mirror. Before you attempt to lecture me, which honestly means nothing at this point, remember you fired the first shot. 

It is amazing how so many conversations end up with you in some fashion calling people "snowflakes".

I have recently been watching twitch streams of people playing Among Us and they have a term that reminds me of how you "play" in conversations, it is called third imposter

8 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I am pretty calm. I don't want Biden to unify the country because I don't think he can. More people voted for Trump in this election than the last. What we are seeing is a 2 America's that inhabit different realities. 

Biden won’t be a unifier because some on the right will continue to dispute the election and some will not agree with his policies. Some on the left may think his policies are not progressive enough to counter Trump’s. From Obama to Trump the pendulum swung pretty far. I think there are those on the left who will expect Biden to have an equal but opposite reaction to Trump which may not happen. Essentially the state of polarization on so many fronts is going to make it insurmountable for him IMO.

Never once did I say he did not win. However I think the process with the courts is going to make this take longer than normal. Nobody knows for sure how that ends but I think he still gets sworn in. 

The discussion I had above turned into armed conflict because of the election which is why I said my advice is to let it play out (as opposed to people killing each other).

I hope this clears up any miscommunication with what I was trying to say. But since you came at me like that for no reason let me respond.

My problem is you are trying to cast doubt. That is what this is attempting to do "Nobody knows for sure"... *****. We know that Joe Biden won the election and it was not particularly close. 306 to 227 or whatever and by over 5million votes. Trump lost in a landslide and his feeble attempts to remain in power are pathetic authoritarian power grabs. 

Yea, it is the segment of the country that doesn't believe Biden won the election and thinks we should revote or have faithless electors. It is the segment of the country that was lied to repeatedly for 4 years and now they are experiencing so much cognitive dissonance the only thing left to do is lash out to try and rectify it. 

Not everyone who voted for Trump feels this way, in fact most do not but a large group does and those feelings are being fed constant fuel from the fires of Trump's conspiracy mongering. We have a sitting president calling the election a fraud and you are in hearing using terms like "if" "nobody knows for sure" and other such vagaries. Trump fired the head of cybersecurity for the country SPECIFICALLY because the man did his job and said there was not election fraud. So yes, I am "firing shots" but your deceptive use of language to cast doubt is wrong and should be called out. 

Joe Biden won the election fairly. Say it. 

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My problem is you are trying to cast doubt. That is what this is attempting to do "Nobody knows for sure"... *****. We know that Joe Biden won the election and it was not particularly close. 306 to 227 or whatever and by over 5million votes. Trump lost in a landslide and his feeble attempts to remain in power are pathetic authoritarian power grabs. 

Yes I see the numbers like everyone else. As I said nobody knows for sure how this ends. There is a level of uncertainty even if it is unlikely the current results change. How am I casting doubt by saying the election is disputed and the final result of that dispute is unknown? It’s literally what is happening. 

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, it is the segment of the country that doesn't believe Biden won the election and thinks we should revote or have faithless electors. It is the segment of the country that was lied to repeatedly for 4 years and now they are experiencing so much cognitive dissonance the only thing left to do is lash out to try and rectify it. 

Not everyone who voted for Trump feels this way, in fact most do not but a large group does and those feelings are being fed constant fuel from the fires of Trump's conspiracy mongering. We have a sitting president calling the election a fraud and you are in hearing using terms like "if" "nobody knows for sure" and other such vagaries. Trump fired the head of cybersecurity for the country SPECIFICALLY because the man did his job and said there was not election fraud. So yes, I am "firing shots" but your deceptive use of language to cast doubt is wrong and should be called out. 

Joe Biden won the election fairly. Say it. 

I don’t know how to make what I am saying any more clear. I have not taken a position for or against the election dispute. I have simply acknowledged it is happening. Biden won and it is being disputed. That dispute means this may take longer than normal. It’s extremely unlikely the results are overturned but right or wrong it could happen. 

3 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

It is amazing how so many conversations end up with you in some fashion calling people "snowflakes".

I have recently been watching twitch streams of people playing Among Us and they have a term that reminds me of how you "play" in conversations, it is called third imposter

Hey another post where you offer nothing. 

18 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Yes I see the numbers like everyone else. As I said nobody knows for sure how this ends. There is a level of uncertainty even if it is unlikely the current results change. How am I casting doubt by saying the election is disputed and the final result of that dispute is unknown? It’s literally what is happening. 

It’s literally not what is happening. Literally.

4 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I didn't come at you or fire any shots. You're doing the damage on your own, and I'm just pointing it out.  People who are casting doubt on the election are the problem, not the president-elect, and by stating you are "pretty sure," you are signaling that you are one of those people.  You are harming America.

Edited by Eleven

6 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

So Trump is not disputing the election? That dispute is not delaying the process? 

It's a very nice straw man you have created.

Yes Trump is disputing the election, but it is not a disputed election. 

Just now, Eleven said:

I didn't come at you or fire any shots.  People who are casting doubt on the election are the problem, not the president-elect, and by stating you are "pretty sure," you are signaling that you are one of those people.  You are harming America.

Harming America? Get a grip. All I did was acknowledge the fact the election results are in dispute by Trump and that it’s delaying the process. With any dispute the final outcome is to be determined until the dispute is over. Never did I say I agree with the dispute or perpetuate the claimed basis of the dispute. Biden has more votes. I don’t see the current results being overturned. That doesn’t mean we bury our heads and pretend that something crazy couldn’t happen.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It's a very nice straw man you have created.

Yes Trump is disputing the election, but it is not a disputed election. 

I can’t tell if you guys are screwing with me or seriously believe I am pushing something I’m not. 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I also could be hit with a nuclear warhead by the time I finish typing this.  Oh, wait, I wasn't.

And I’ve said that I don’t think it gets overturned. Simply acknowledging reality and a possible outcome is not wrong. Accusing people of doing something they did not do because you refuse to understand what they are saying is wrong.