Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

9 hours ago, Hank said:

Yes, fox News does all of that for the right. And cnn is just as bad for the left. 

The problem is this is a false equivalence. CNN is left leaning but Fox is straight up a wing of the Republican party at this point. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Anyone have a take on Mitch McConnel seemingly splitting from Trump and playing hardball with the stimulus package negotiations.  Meaning that it likely won’t get passed before the election to help Trump out.

It seems like a significant thing.  Is he kind of backing away from Trump in anticipation of an election loss?

Edited by Curt

11 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

not getting it passed before the election hurts republicans beyond just the presidental election. Personally I think he wants to direct the media away from the SCOTUS vote and towards the stimulus package fight

yup

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Absolutely scary that anyone could support this person.  I mean, from a sheer human decency standpoint... I can't fathom it.  what could be worse than this guy having the platform he does?

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Absolutely scary that anyone could support this person.  I mean, from a sheer human decency standpoint... I can't fathom it.  what could be worse than this guy having the platform he does?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the concern here is the condoning of violence in the streets by the POTUS. I'll give you that one. That said ANTIFA is garbage both as a collective and as individuals. 

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the concern here is the condoning of violence in the streets by the POTUS. I'll give you that one. That said ANTIFA is garbage both as a collective and as individuals. 

Show me what AntiFa is. The concept of AntiFa, I believe, is a lie of the right. 

Anyone who just wants chaos is awful. But that is not exclusive to AntiFa. This president thrives on it, as do the people who support him.

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Show me what AntiFa is. The concept of AntiFa, I believe, is a lie of the right. 

Anyone who just wants chaos is awful. But that is not exclusive to AntiFa. This president thrives on it, as do the people who support him.

You answered your inquiry of what AntiFa is in the first sentence of the second paragraph. If you would like I can put a nice long post together comparing them to past and present organizations along with all kinds of videos of what they do.

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You answered your inquiry of what AntiFa is in the first sentence of the second paragraph. If you would like I can put a nice long post together comparing them to past and present organizations along with all kinds of videos of what they do.

There is no they.  It’s an idea. And they are no different that the douchebags on the right.

Why do we give any of them credibility?

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

There is no they.  It’s an idea. And they are no different that the douchebags on the right.

Why do we give any of them credibility?

So you say there is no they and then say “they” are no different from extremist groups on the right. Ok lol. Trying to pull a Jerry Nadler doesn’t make AntiFa non existent.

6 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

So you say there is no they and then say “they” are no different from extremist groups on the right. Ok lol. Trying to pull a Jerry Nadler doesn’t make AntiFa non existent.

I don’t know or care who Jerry Nadler is. I’m not spoon fed my beliefs.

If Trump says “I’m not leaving” after being voted out, I would hope that an extremist left, backed by the second amendment, would force him out. That’s what the second amendment is for. Just as I would hope that if it ever happened the other way (it never would) the Proud Boys would be right there.

Trump is garbage. He can’t be gone soon enough.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don’t know or care who Jerry Nadler is. I’m not spoon fed my beliefs.

If Trump says “I’m not leaving” after being voted out, I would hope that an extremist left, backed by the second amendment, would force him out. That’s what the second amendment is for. Just as I would hope that if it ever happened the other way (it never would) the Proud Boys would be right there.

Trump is garbage. He can’t be gone soon enough.

Representative from New York and Chairmen of the House Judiciary Committee. 

AntiFa or any other group (left or right) will not be responsible or capable of physically removing a political official from a seat they refuse to vacate. Do you really think DC Police and Secret Service would let armed citizens bust in the door? That’s kind of what those guys with guns are there to prevent. 

Ive been thinking of starting a thread to discuss extremist groups on both sides. I have a feeling more are on the way and those that exist will continue making life interesting.

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Representative from New York and Chairmen of the House Judiciary Committee. 

AntiFa or any other group (left or right) will not be responsible or capable of physically removing a political official from a seat they refuse to vacate. Do you really think DC Police and Secret Service would let armed citizens bust in the door? That’s kind of what those guys with guns are there to prevent. 

Ive been thinking of starting a thread to discuss extremist groups on both sides. I have a feeling more are on the way and those that exist will continue making life interesting.

If that’s the case, and I agree, then what is the value of the second amendment?

Ftr, I don’t think more are on the way.

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

If that’s the case, and I agree, then what is the value of the second amendment?

Ftr, I don’t think more are on the way.

The value of 2A is that it identifies the right to bear arms and organize well regulated militias. The idea being if the government crossed a certain line the citizens would be able to organize and fight back. I don’t think we are at that point but I believe other people on both sides do think we are. My advice is to let this play out between now and January.

IMO anyone who advocates for violent removal/installation of a political figure at this point is emotionally unstable or does not possess the right experience to make that call. Then again my vision is limited like everyone else.

9 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The value of 2A is that it identifies the right to bear arms and organize well regulated militias. The idea being if the government crossed a certain line the citizens would be able to organize and fight back. I don’t think we are at that point but I believe other people on both sides do think we are. My advice is to let this play out between now and January.

IMO anyone who advocates for violent removal/installation of a political figure at this point is emotionally unstable or does not possess the right experience to make that call. Then again my vision is limited like everyone else.

I’m in total agreement with you. But speaking of emotionally unstable, we have a President who has not acknowledged that he lost a fair election, and an attorney general who said we will have a smooth transition to a second Trump presidency. If it take violence to uphold the constitution, then so be it. That’s why the founding fathers wrote it in.

Edited by SwampD

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m in total agreement with you. But speaking of emotionally unstable, we have a President who has not acknowledged that he lost a fair election, and an attorney general who said we will have a smooth transition to a second Trump presidency. If it take violence to uphold the constitution, then so be it. That’s why the founding fathers wrote it in.

It’s something everyone has to wait and see. A lot can happen between now and January. If the FEC certifies Biden as they winner I think we will have a peaceful transition.

I don’t know how much you watch cable news but I’ve limited myself to watching for entertainment purposes only. Too much hype. I try to read articles more now and watch videos from people at these events.

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

It’s something everyone has to wait and see. A lot can happen between now and January. If the FEC certifies Biden as they winner I think we will have a peaceful transition.

I don’t know how much you watch cable news but I’ve limited myself to watching for entertainment purposes only. Too much hype. I try to read articles more now and watch videos from people at these events.

Thankfully, I watch none cable news. None.

10 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

There's no legal reason for them not too. 

I will bet money Trump skips the inauguration because he is a petulant narcissistic man child.