Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

9 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Sorry but I don't see "fight to preserve our democracy" as fearmongering. We have a president that constantly praises dictators and says and does things a dictator does. People need to get more outraged at the actions of the orange man

I hate Trump but the DNC is using the fear of Trump as a tactic. The 2 major political parties are opposite sides of the same coin... or were until Donald took over the party and started minting new fake coins with his image on them. 

I understand that by the strict definition it is fearmongering. But that term has a negative connotation that I associate with using an outrageous claim to stoke the fear. It is one thing to tell people to fear a shark attack if you are in the ocean next to a whale carcass and a very different thing to do in Colorado.

The behavior of the orange-man has made us redefine what is outrageous. Remember when you didn't fear a secret police rounding up protesters? Or when you didn't hear the leader of the USA say journalist should be shot as traitors?

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I think Trump will get elected again -  Its also in the interest of the BLM for him to be elected again.

Just my two cents.

I think he will be elected again, too.  And I was right the first time--before the primaries even had concluded.

40 minutes ago, Curt said:

This requires some sort of explanation.

I think the idea is that things need to get worse before they get better.  I'm not in agreement with that part.

9 hours ago, Eleven said:

I think he will be elected again, too.  And I was right the first time--before the primaries even had concluded.

I think the idea is that things need to get worse before they get better.  I'm not in agreement with that part.

Democrats missed the chance of putting forth a young candidate with fresh Ideas, if I had a chance to vote I wouldn't just bother going.   And that is always in the favour of republicans.   Vote for senile candidate number 1 or number 2.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Democrats missed the chance of putting forth a young candidate with fresh Ideas, if I had a chance to vote I wouldn't just bother going.   And that is always in the favour of republicans.   Vote for senile candidate number 1 or number 2.

I get the age thing, but these two old guys couldn’t be much more different.    I don’t get the indifference.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

"When a long train of abuses and usurpation pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government and provide new guards for their future security." 

Not voting because 1 candidate isn't you perfect choice is stupid. Election are like public transit, you need to take the bus that gets you closer to where you want to be not stay home like a shut in. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Agree with part 1, but not voting is not an option.  Also VP is a stepping stone and I wonder if Joe if elected runs for a 2nd term.  Still Ill vote against the Despot.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, drnkirishone said:

I understand that by the strict definition it is fearmongering. But that term has a negative connotation that I associate with using an outrageous claim to stoke the fear. It is one thing to tell people to fear a shark attack if you are in the ocean next to a whale carcass and a very different thing to do in Colorado.

The behavior of the orange-man has made us redefine what is outrageous. Remember when you didn't fear a secret police rounding up protesters? Or when you didn't hear the leader of the USA say journalist should be shot as traitors?

True. Something dystopian like The Handmaid's Tale doesn't see all that distant or impossible any more. 

You know, I'm an outside observer (Canadian) but I told people 4 years ago he will win and not many up here believed me. Over these 4 years it's gotten much worse than even I thought it would. So extreme that I simply don't get America any more. I once had an idea to visit every single state in my lifetime and I've lost that desire. Too many places down there are just batshit crazy, or at least filled with people who have just lost it. I mean all politicians lie, all say one thing and often do another or just a slight version of what they promised but this narcissistic egomaniac lies and then lies and doubles down on the lie and moves to the next lie before anyone even gets the full info on the earlier lie and on and on it goes and meanwhile few people notice all the systematic rape and pillage of the environment, social structure and so on. It's just total  madness and I just hope it can all go away.. Four more years could be something impossible to come back from. 

Please vote for Biden. He's a boring old middle of the road dude but even status quo normalcy would be really nice now. 

12 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Please vote for Biden. He's a boring old middle of the road dude but even status quo normalcy would be really nice now. 

This is my hope honestly.  With everything so completely crazy, I just hope more and more people are thinking that something boring and normal looks pretty darn fantastic.

But then you have the Republican Party attempting to paint Biden as the most left wing guy you’ve ever seen, which is absurd, but some people will believe what they want to believe.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

This is my hope honestly.  With everything so completely crazy, I just hope more and more people are thinking that something boring and normal looks pretty darn fantastic.

But then you have the Republican Party attempting to paint Biden as the most left wing guy you’ve ever seen, which is absurd, but some people will believe what they want to believe.

Unfortunately, I think the horse is already out of the barn.  It was let our before Trump was elected, really.  We had a fairly normal, boring administration up until 3.5 yrs ago, and what did we get?  Birther conspiracies, gun and ammo hoarding, right wing standoffs over public land use.  I didn't want to think it at the time, but I'm convinced now that a black man being put in a position of leadership over the entire country set off a spark that is turning into a California wild fire.  A Biden administration will attempt to undo what was done over the last 3.5 years and there is no doubt in my mind that the right is going to become very active in resisting all of it. 

13 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

not a vet but i bet i know the answer. the breaking point is right down the party line

Not the vets I talk to.

There are a lot of Republicans I know that wouldn't vote for him.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, drnkirishone said:

I read somewhere that a fair number of Republicans that say they aren't voting for him end up voting for him in the privacy of the voting booth

Yes, well these days you can read almost anything... and most of it is not true.  

Some of it is...

I am only referring to those I've spoken with. Perhaps they feel the need to lie to me, who knows.  

• 2 weeks later...

I could. He made the announcement himself. It is his answer to the 1619 project that he has used to inflame his base.

I believe he called it the 1776 commission. He either is going to or already has signed the EO to start the program to teach our youth to "love america with all their souls".

Easier to do a google and/or social media search for "the 1776 commission"

15 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

I could. He made the announcement himself. It is his answer to the 1619 project that he has used to inflame his base.

I believe he called it the 1776 commission. He either is going to or already has signed the EO to start the program to teach our youth to "love america with all their souls".

Easier to do a google and/or social media search for "the 1776 commission"

Thanks,  I try to ignore most everything that idiot says so I don't always see the references.  I had not seen any headlines referencing it either.

I simply cannot listen to him, at all.  I'd rather listen to 100 hours of nails on chalkboards.

5 hours ago, LTS said:

Thanks,  I try to ignore most everything that idiot says so I don't always see the references.  I had not seen any headlines referencing it either.

I simply cannot listen to him, at all.  I'd rather listen to 100 hours of nails on chalkboards.

I really do understand that. I find it easier to read quotes and transcripts of what he says easier to tolerate.

Either the man is so stupid that he does not realize how fascist the 1776 commission sounds. Or he knows and doesn't see the problem with how fascist it sounds.