Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

There is a new site called racist.watch. Apparently you can search who donated to Trump. From what I read about it the site gives the names and addresses of people who donated to Trump. I don’t see how this leads to anything meaningful but I can see how this would go bad. 

I do not advocate going on the site as I do not know if it does anything bad to your device. Research with caution I guess. 

So where should we start first? The fact that Trump doesn't understand how impeachment works in the House or the fact he used the term "lynching" like the uneducated privileged pile of sh!t he is?  

trump.thumb.PNG.14b464c0eec15f80f66f7ffda63e5f68.PNG

Edited by LGR4GM

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

So where should we start first? The fact that Trump doesn't understand how impeachment works in the House or the fact he used the term "lynching" like the uneducated privileged pile of sh!t he is?  

trump.thumb.PNG.14b464c0eec15f80f66f7ffda63e5f68.PNG

Yeah poor choice of words to articulate his thoughts. However it is no surprise MSM takes a racial approach to his use of “lynching” even though it is not solely black on white. 

I think he is being sarcastic to express his feelings on the matter as opposed to his knowledge. Then again I’m not sitting next to him.

28 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Yeah poor choice of words to articulate his thoughts. However it is no surprise MSM takes a racial approach to his use of “lynching” even though it is not solely black on white. 

I think he is being sarcastic to express his feelings on the matter as opposed to his knowledge. Then again I’m not sitting next to him.

Yes yes and the holocaust wasn't just the systematic slaughter of the jews.

It was a calculated outburst to focus the news cycle talk about it instead of previous scandals.

It is the SOP of his psychosis

30 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Yes yes and the holocaust wasn't just the systematic slaughter of the jews.

It was a calculated outburst to focus the news cycle talk about it instead of previous scandals.

It is the SOP of his psychosis

I don’t think the holocaust was used to hide other scandals. IMO that’s pretty rough to say man but you have freedom of speech. 

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Between 1882 and 1968 there were 4,743 lynchings in this country. 1,297 of those victims were white and 3,446 of those victims were black. Here are the numbers for each state. Very telling.

http://www.elegantbrain.com/academic/department/AandL/AAS/ANNOUNCE/vra/lynch/lynchstats.html

Bottom line? That’s the language of hate that is coming out of his mouth. No way to deny it. IMO. 

Edited by Ogre
Forgot to add the link
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Between 1882 and 1968 there were 4,743 lynchings in this country. 1,297 of those victims were white and 3,446 of those victims were black. Here are the numbers for each state. Very telling. 

Bottom line? That’s the language of hate that is coming out of his mouth. No way to deny it. IMO. 

And at what point do we evolve as a society past losing our minds over a white guy saying lynching? Should every white person say sorry to every black person they know for what other whites did? How many guys would’ve had to die in those years before that word is ok for use? 

If people are so upset over the use of this word I can only imagine how upset they are about a website designed to dox Trump donors. Or people being discriminated against for wearing a MAGA hat. Or acts of violence resulting in injury. 

BTW in the last couple posts I’ve used the word lynching a handful of times. Does that make me racist? 

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

And at what point do we evolve as a society past losing our minds over a white guy saying lynching? Should every white person say sorry to every black person they know for what other whites did? How many guys would’ve had to die in those years before that word is ok for use? 

If people are so upset over the use of this word I can only imagine how upset they are about a website designed to dox Trump donors. Or people being discriminated against for wearing a MAGA hat. Or acts of violence resulting in injury. 

BTW in the last couple posts I’ve used the word lynching a handful of times. Does that make me racist? 

Did you claim that you were being lynched?

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Did you claim that you were being lynched?

So if I said groups of leftists harassing and inflicting physical damage to persons and property is reminiscent of a lynch mob, that would be racist? Just asking because nowadays it seems like the cool thing to accuse people.

The funny thing is I have the privilege of working with some great people of all colors. The consensus among all colors is this kind of stuff is weak.

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

So if I said groups of leftists harassing and inflicting physical damage to persons and property is reminiscent of a lynch mob, that would be racist? Just asking because nowadays it seems like the cool thing to accuse people.

The funny thing is I have the privilege of working with some great people of all colors. The consensus among all colors is this kind of stuff is weak.

I never came anywhere near close to accusing you of anything buddy. No need to start that nonsense. 

I too work with many different races, sizes, orientations, etc. People don’t like to hear that crap. I also instruct the membership on our harassment policy to both inform the members and comply with NYS regs. If one person in the room is uncomfortable with the language then it needs to change IMMEDIATELY or it’s harassment. The man used a term in a context that made people uncomfortable. I can’t see how anyone could defend it. IMO.

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I never came anywhere near close to accusing you of anything buddy. No need to start that nonsense. 

I too work with many different races, sizes, orientations, etc. People don’t like to hear that crap. I also instruct the membership our harassment policy to both inform the members and comply with NYS regs. If one person in the room is uncomfortable with the language then it needs to change IMMEDIATELY or it’s harassment. The man used a term in a context that made people uncomfortable. I can’t see how anyone could defend it. IMO.

Just because some don’t like what he said doesn’t make it racist. If the guy meant it as a racist comment or if it was directed toward black people specifically then I would agree. 

I never said you accused me I meant society itself. Reminds me of Robocop when he says somewhere there is a crime happening. Seems like there are people who act like somewhere there is a social injustice and they are going to fight it like Superman or something.  

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

you guys should be watching hockey.

Yes. I figure if I’m going to get aggravated I should split it between the game and this.

Edited by SABRES 0311

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The evolution occurs like any other evolution occurs.  Naturally and at its own pace.  It's not sped up by anyone claiming people should get over it.  You cannot control the general public and in the eyes of the general public, the term carries certain connotations that project images of blacks being hanged.  You don't have to agree, but you should accept that's how it works in the world.  Whites don't have to say sorry to every black person, they just have to not act like what happened is no longer a big deal.  It is to people and it's perfectly fine to accept as a white person, that blacks have not yet "gotten over it".  So you simply just avoid using those terms and remain cognizant of the impact that those actions of the past still carry in communities outside your own.

Even if you happen to work with people of all different races, etc.  It doesn't mean you work with the general consensus of those races. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Never. We should never get over that or accept it. It is a stain on the country that should never be washed out. 

When 14 year old boys were killed simply for being black and that was the term for it, we should never "evolve" past white guys saying it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

• Like (+1) 1

Let's focus though on the real big news of the day. I would note the White House response. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50147223

Ambassador Bill Taylor testified before an impeachment inquiry that he was told Mr Trump wanted Ukraine to probe ex-Vice-President Joe Biden's dealings.

Mr Taylor said relations with Ukraine had been "fundamentally undermined".

President Trump insists there has been no such deal, or exchange of favours, in Ukraine policy.

Responding to the latest testimony in Congress, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement: "President Trump has done nothing wrong - this is a co-ordinated smear campaign from far-left lawmakers and radical unelected bureaucrats waging war on the Constitution".

The "radical unelected bureaucrat" they are referring to in this case is William Taylor. A man so radical that he... graduated in the top 1% of his class at West Point. Served 6 years in the army in the 81st and 101st airborne, was awarded a Bronze Star during Vietnam, served 10 years as Ambassador and coordinated assistance to Eastern Europe and Russia, was Ambassador to Ukraine for 3 years and appointed by George W Bush, and was finally the interim Ambassador to Ukraine from June of this year until it appears September. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Never. We should never get over that or accept it. It is a stain on the country that should never be washed out. 

When 14 year old boys were killed simply for being black and that was the term for it, we should never "evolve" past white guys saying it. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

Fair enough. You live your life how you want and I will mine. 

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

That's not how this works.

You don't get to decide things like what words have their meanings washed clean of additional meaning. The people who exercise ownership over those words get to decide.

"Lynching" didn't belong to black people until it was used deliberately against them as a form of orchestrated racial oppression. Our white American ancestors gave "lynching" to them in the literal sense. And because of that, they're the ones who get to decide when to allow it back into the American lexicon without any additional contextual meaning being ascribed to it. And because black people, like any other group, are not a monolith, they aren't going to just get together and have a vote on it. So "lynching" is going to carry a special connotation with it for as long as is necessary, until, say, factory workers in Ohio stop hanging up nooses at GM plants.

We live in the shadow of history every day. And we don't get to just shrug that off.

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-50161376/republican-congress-members-storm-impeachment-hearing

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-impeachment-hearing-resumes-gop-storms-scif

Thoughts on the anarchy starting to unfold in Congress.

Edited by LGR4GM

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Let's focus though on the real big news of the day. I would note the White House response. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50147223

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The "radical unelected bureaucrat" they are referring to in this case is William Taylor. A man so radical that he... graduated in the top 1% of his class at West Point. Served 6 years in the army in the 81st and 101st airborne, was awarded a Bronze Star during Vietnam, served 10 years as Ambassador and coordinated assistance to Eastern Europe and Russia, was Ambassador to Ukraine for 3 years and appointed by George W Bush, and was finally the interim Ambassador to Ukraine from June of this year until it appears September. 

Focus people on the important part. A life long veteran and public servant gave damning testimony and will not be vilified by the White House. Ignore Trump's sidetracking and focus on what really matters. The President of the United States withheld aid for domestic political gain. 

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

You don't get to decide things like what words have their meanings washed clean of additional meaning. The people who exercise ownership over those words get to decide.

"Lynching" didn't belong to black people until it was used deliberately against them as a form of orchestrated racial oppression. Our white American ancestors gave "lynching" to them in the literal sense. And because of that, they're the ones who get to decide when to allow it back into the American lexicon without any additional contextual meaning being ascribed to it. And because black people, like any other group, are not a monolith, they aren't going to just get together and have a vote on it. So "lynching" is going to carry a special connotation with it for as long as is necessary, until, say, factory workers in Ohio stop hanging up nooses at GM plants.

We live in the shadow of history every day. And we don't get to just shrug that off.

...or when a foreman stops measuring to see if the black guy’s arms are longer than the white guys are....Or when the white guys stop urging the Native American guy to do a rain dance on a cloudy day...or when they stop telling the Chinese apprentice to get back in his shipping container. I’m so sick of being around these *****. I really don’t need my commander in chief fanning the flame.

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

If you don’t agree that’s fine. However I’m not going to change my view just because you don’t agree. Bottom line is I’m not owning the stupidity of white supremacists of the past. 

I’m not saying it wasn’t a poor choice of words. It just seems like people feel a white person should never use it. So again you live your life how you want and I will do the same.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Stopped reading after the part about a recording from inside. That pissed me off. Absolutely illegal. I don’t care who you are. That potentially compromises other information inside there.

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Stopped reading after the part about a recording from inside. That pissed me off. Absolutely illegal. I don’t care who you are. That potentially compromises other information inside there.

Depends on the state. It’s legal to record in NJ without the other party knowing.

44 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Depends on the state. It’s legal to record in NJ without the other party knowing.

SCIFs go beyond state laws.

“Meanwhile, North Carolina Rep. Mark Walker tweeted: "UPDATE: We are in the SCIF and every GOP Member is quietly listening."

And Georgia Rep. Buddy Carter wrote that "my Republican colleagues and I just stormed the impeachment hearing room and finally got in.

Several lawmakers leaving the facility confirmed that multiple Republicans had brought their cellphones, even though electronics were not allowed.

Fox News is told some Republican members removed their devices after being advised about the rules for the secure area by the House Sergeant at Arms.

Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., even posted on Twitter what he called an audio "report from inside the SCIF."

Edited by SABRES 0311