Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

I find it hard to believe that Trump just decided to pull out and screw the Kurds without getting some sort of personal kickback. Maybe he is that stupid but at this point, Trump is a disgrace to the hard work and partnerships our armed forces built with the Kurds. One of our few loyal middle eastern allies. 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I find it hard to believe that Trump just decided to pull out and screw the Kurds without getting some sort of personal kickback. Maybe he is that stupid but at this point, Trump is a disgrace to the hard work and partnerships our armed forces built with the Kurds. One of our few loyal middle eastern allies. 

1. He is that stupid. 

2. Dollars to donuts Ergodan sold him the following: “You’ll be able to campaign on having pulled troops out of the Middle East and we’ll take care of ISIS for you...” (they won’t.)

20 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

1. He is that stupid. 

2. Dollars to donuts Ergodan sold him the following: “You’ll be able to campaign on having pulled troops out of the Middle East and we’ll take care of ISIS for you...” (they won’t.)

Or they will be breaking ground on a new Trump hotel and golf course in Turkey sometime after the 2020 election. Probably not, but would it really surprise anyone at this point?

3 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

Or they will be breaking ground on a new Trump hotel and golf course in Turkey sometime after the 2020 election. Probably not, but would it really surprise anyone at this point?

That's already happened.  Because of course it has.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

That's already happened.  Because of course it has.

That's hilarious! I guess I should have googled it, first. Man, this guy has so many conflicts of interest it's probably impossible to determine if he ever makes a decision based on the facts or the interests of the U.S.

2 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

That's hilarious! I guess I should have googled it, first. Man, this guy has so many conflicts of interest it's probably impossible to determine if he ever makes a decision based on the facts or the interests of the U.S.

Here, I've developed an algorithm to help you...

carol GIF 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/10/2019 at 5:42 AM, LGR4GM said:

I don’t like the idea of leaving allies when they need us like we did in Iraq. All I’ve seen in the news is how this could provide an opportunity for ISIS to build back up. I’m not as worried about that as I am Russia using it as a way to increase their influence. They aren’t the only ones either. I’ll leave it at that. 

OTOH we can’t fall back into the nation building stuff. From a U.S. perspective these are called low intensity conflicts and I think dabble into proxy wars. IMO we could support the Kurds with a small foot print consisting of SOF, air power and intelligence. Large scale deployments I am against.

On 10/12/2019 at 11:30 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

I don’t like the idea of leaving allies when they need us like we did in Iraq. All I’ve seen in the news is how this could provide an opportunity for ISIS to build back up. I’m not as worried about that as I am Russia using it as a way to increase their influence. They aren’t the only ones either. I’ll leave it at that. 

OTOH we can’t fall back into the nation building stuff. From a U.S. perspective these are called low intensity conflicts and I think dabble into proxy wars. IMO we could support the Kurds with a small foot print consisting of SOF, air power and intelligence. Large scale deployments I am against.

Exactly what we should be doing. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/assad-widens-grip-in-syria-after-u-s-pullback-pact-with-kurds-11571077050

Above is an article about the situation in Syria. The new alliance between Kurdish forces and Syrian Army/Government came quickly. I wonder if there was pre-coordination involving the U.S. before we announced a withdrawal. 

This is an opportunity for Syria to come together in the face of a common enemy, the Turks. Once Turkey is ousted partners will have to decide their future. If Assad is smart he gives the Kurds a portion of northern Syria as their own state. This would draw Kurds from Iraq. The Kurds get their own land and Syria gets a buffer between Turkey. It may also reduce tensions between Iraqi Kurds and the Iraqi Government. You then have a potential alliance between Syria, Iran, Kurdistan and Iraq. As we would be friends with Iraq and Kurdistan we have a way of monitoring Iran and Syria.

We look at it sort of black and white. If the U.S. leaves the Kurds die, we are making an awful decision. We need the military there to bring freedom. Problem is we can’t be everywhere en masse. If we commit forces either large scale and/or long time our foot print becomes too big for indigenous forces to fill. If we stay in a support roll with minimum assets it puts a local face on the cause and we retain an exit strategy. 

If we go the route of supporting large scale deployment to spite Trump all I ask is to think about two things.

1. Is the threat great enough to the U.S. to warrant long term and/or large scale deployments?

2. Are American lives in a foreign country worth political games at home?

EDIT:  Just found this. Apparently ABC News is trying to pass a shooting range video as combat footage in Syria. Can anyone explain why they did this? I’ll take let’s manipulate people to start another war for $200 Alex. 

Edited by SABRES 0311

2 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Yeah I’m not sure I would threaten that much in a letter. The funny part is how he threatens him then says I’ll call you later. 

He's just plain deranged.  He has completely lost the plot.  And he's more likely to be elected than any possible opponent I've seen so far (as he was three years ago).  We are ***** ed.  I'd so much rather Pence than this guy.

Edited by Eleven

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He's just plain deranged.  He has completely lost the plot.  And he's more likely to be elected than any possible opponent I've seen so far (as he was three years ago).  We are ***** ed.  I'd so much rather Pence than this guy.

I was a little concerned between our choices in 2016. It’s not getting any better for 2020. 

Edited by SABRES 0311

10 hours ago, Eleven said:

To hell with that. Trump may be a horrible President but at least the only way he panders to the religious right is with his judicial appointments and making up fake nonsense like the war on Christmas. With Pence, things would definitely run smoother without all the media circus, but we'd still get the same type of judicial appointments and he'd probably try to get conversion therapy camps public funding. I'd rather have 5 more years of Trump than 1 day of Pence.

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I was a little concerned between our choices in 2016. It’s not getting any better for 2020. 

Boy, If the 2020 election isn't just primed for a moderate third party candidate to come in and take it, it will never happen.

5 hours ago, SwampD said:

Boy, If the 2020 election isn't just primed for a moderate third party candidate to come in and take it, it will never happen.

The system doesn't allow it.  It seems like even the Libertarians have given up this time.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:22 PM, SwampD said:

We were *right there* in 1992.  It was so ripe, and the candidate was just about perfect, too.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:48 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Fine if your going to twist my arm I will run. 

Do it; you now have three votes (counting Swamp and yourself).

• Like (+1) 1